Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,551 Posts
Much easier to have these rebuilt as is done with vintage Ferrari's. Big advantage is that with new innards, they continue to work.
From my experience.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wiper motor rebuild

I agree. Who can fix a burned out winding?

My Alfa has 2 wiper motors. I still need another one to make the total of two.

·
Super Moderator
11,551 Posts
Look in Hemming's Motor News. There are many shops that repair all these type motors around the US. Pick one closest to you. I have one I use for starters here in Illinois, another I use for alternators, a third for generators, and yet another for small motors. Each shop has a speciality.

·
Premium Member
21,672 Posts
Rite-Way Electric in SF can probably do it. They made a new armature for my Marelli Giulietta generator. Contact JB there directly at 415 882-4444, or I can walk it in if you want.

Andrew

·
Super Moderator
11,551 Posts
Great find!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The one on Ebay has a longer shaft than I need. Otherwise if seems OK.

The motor on Ebay has a longer shaft than the one I need. Otherwise it looks OK.

·
Super Moderator
11,551 Posts
Shorten the shaft.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wiper motor

I have often collected bad parts just to get part of a part. Obviously it would be better to get a complete unit that works but these old parts are hard to find. I presently have one wiper motor of one type/brand and another Marelli that apparently was original on the Alfa 6c 2500. I hope to get another Marelli before I resort to an expensive motor remanufacturing to make them work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts