Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a upright for a 116 asap in adelaide.

I only need one so i can start on my brake upgrade with out having to do it on the car its self. Also i dont want to pay much as im kicking my self because i had two complete sets i gave away a little time ago.

Thanks chris

·
Registered
390 Posts
im 99% sure that giulietta upgrights are alot differnt to alfetta, so if you make your brakes to suit an alfetta upright they wont fit your car. i have an alfetta upright as i said $50 each...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
people are telling me there different, na there the same. v6 are the same , na there not.

Whats so different ??

·
Registered
390 Posts
get a pair of alfetta uprights, get your vernier calipers if you even have some??? and take measurements of both, then you will know the differnece. and when taking the upgright off the car, do not do it how you described a while ago, because thats just dangerous, just saying...
but if you cant be botherd doing that, im pretty sure alfetta and gtv are the same, gtv6, 90 and 75 have bigger diamter cones....
anyway good luck in ur search, but expect to pay 'something' from them

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vernier caliper measurements of what ?? if the brakes you wanted to sell me fitted on the gtv upright and u said they are fine for my giulietta so i cant see whats so different.

Yea like i said last time the car went to scrap metal that day.

·
Registered
390 Posts
chris, when using the volvo caliper and rotor on an alfetta upgright the pad doesnt bight on the full disk, so when used on a giulietta which the calipers is mounted more inner, the pad will bight on the full disk, so they are perfect for you, but not for me, i need 164 rotor on the alfetta upright because they are bigger diameter so the pad will bight fully on the disk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts