Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a step nose project car. Open to years, engine or no engine. Must be in USA, hopefully rolling, and ideally not a whole lot of corrosion (though not going to be too picky).

Thanks in advance to all leads.

Best,
Derek

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
For better or worse, this one is still on the market: For Sale - 67 Step nose on ebay Currently on Copart for the 4th or 5th round of bidding. They dropped an injected 2L in to make it appear more complete but I don't think it's ever run with that config. I think the reserve is in excess of $18K-$20K which is about 2x what it "sold" for on ebay a few months back. AFAIK CI still owns it as the link to additional pictures goes to their website. https://www.copart.com/lot/37710920

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Back on ebay again with a different seller but same pictures and more than 2x the price that it sold for the last time: 1968 Alfa Romeo Giulia CLEAN TITLE/1968 ALFA ROMEO GIULIA GT JUNIOR | eBay Not sure how they can say the engine and transmission are in "good condition" when the car doesn't run and the engine is missing three of the four spark plugs and there is nothing preventing dirt, dust and moisture from getting inside.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@6alfas very interesting. Looks like it's for sale by these folks: 1968 Alfa Romeo GIULIA

Curious for them to note the spica engine...featuring...no spica unit at all! For that price I'd just find a step nose in Italy (sans poor repaint) and have it shipped over.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Curious for them to note the spica engine...featuring...no spica unit at all! For that price I'd just find a step nose in Italy (sans poor repaint) and have it shipped over.
Look closely, the engine fitted and shown in the photos is a mid 70's era Spica engine, possible from a Spider. Has the Spica manifold, missing the airbox and other parts.

Reactions: dhunt
1 - 5 of 5 Posts