Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I’m in the process of registering my ‘61 Giulietta Spider here in Italy and need to change the original MPH for a km/h insert. My existing gauge has a lovely patina and I would prefer not to replace with a new plastic set.

Does anyone have a km/h gauge Insert for sale or alternatively that they would exchange?

Many thanks

Rob

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Rob... have you considered challenging the rule with intent to comply...What I mean by that is this .. 1) Retrieve a copy of the rule book verbiage from which the inspectors must lean on to enforce the rule. 2) understand exactly how it is stated ... If there is room for you to overlay a stick-on photo copy of the KM gauge on the glass face to comply .. well .. haven't you complied? it's worth investigating... In my state for instance, we require a front and back plate but I drive without one in front with impunity and the front plate in the trunk. ..For annual inspections, I tie-wire the front plate on the grille. It passes with flying colors and is removed when I get home. Sometimes, inspectors appreciate you know the rules that even they know are frivolous and that you are making the effort to make their job easier. Inspectors are universally human.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi

I’m in the process of registering my ‘61 Giulietta Spider here in Italy and need to change the original MPH for a km/h insert. My existing gauge has a lovely patina and I would prefer not to replace with a new plastic set.

Does anyone have a km/h gauge Insert for sale or alternatively that they would exchange?

Many thanks

Rob
Rob,
I am Massimo and I live in Rome-Italy. I restore alfa romeo 750/101 type gauges so I have many spare parts.
Contact me in order to understand exactely what you need, I think I can help you.
Ciao
Massimo

mob. +39 348 4936560
email: [email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Uncle

Thanks for the advice. I hadn’t thought of that as a workaround. To be fair I’ve registered a couple of cars before and they didn’t even check the speedos were converted. I need to drive it day to day anyway in italy so if I can find a suitable km/h gauge at the right price then it will be easier on an ongoing basis.

Ciao Massimo

I’ll drop you a message tomorrow.

Grazie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts