Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,154 Posts
No, they're close. On the correct ones, the lenses have straight edges, not rounded. I'll round up pics from my 67 GTV.
Andrew

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, they're close. On the correct ones, the lenses have straight edges, not rounded. I'll round up pics from my 67 GTV.
Andrew
Ours is an early production January 64 Euro sprint, there were a couple of unusual things about the car ... the hood latch for one and the early turn signals colors in the painted dash, the early tach with no red sweep lines ,,, are you sure these are not for the car?? And if so what do these belong on??
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
21,154 Posts
Here's what I have. The two without studs are Carello. Threads are good, chrome on one is 7/10, the other 5/10 with some polish-through. Driver quality. The one with studs is Altissimo. Chrome is pitting and studs have "volcanoed" at bit on the front side due to excess wrenching. Let me know by PM if you're interested.

I've seen the curved lenses ones, my thinking is late Giulia, but I'll have to paw through the books. I'll go through the Dasse GT book but I really don't think they're early GT.

Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That was very thoughtful of you, the curved lenses from the pics I could pull up on the internet for the early Sprint GT is hard to clarify ...but they do look curved?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
If you have a copy of Fusi, check the the press photographs which should depict early cars: not one shows a clearly curved lens. But how can we know for sure Alfa never built a car with the curved ones?

·
Premium Member
21,154 Posts
The pictures in Dasse GT are not close enough to be certain. I know to a certainty my Dec. 66 GTV has straight lenses. When I got the car the painter had put them on backwards.
I'll look through some Giulia pics for later ones. I know I've seen them, they're not unique, but I'm having trouble placing. Has anyone looked in the GT parts book? I have a copy, will take a look if no one else has.
Andrew

1 - 20 of 57 Posts