Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,365 Posts
Chip,

If you can, get the GTV6 SS bar from Ricambi. It bolts right on to the deDion, and has much sturdier end links. Added bonus - the end link bushings are readily available in poly.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,365 Posts
I've heard from a number of people that this is an improvement due to the rather flimsy nature of the end links on the Milanos. Maybe you should check with Larry to be sure it's a bolt-on.

Joe

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Gosh Chip, I asked you if you wanted my Shankle rear bar last year ... and you said "naaah". :rolleyes:

I sold it on eBay already, unfortunately.

Two things:

1) Unless you have a pretty radical suspension (and strong mounts to boot) the rear Shankle bar will only increase your tendency to snap oversteer, not decrease understeer.

2) The GTV6 rear bar is not a bolt on to Milanos because the way the endlinks mount to the deDion is different.

My suggestion, however, is to keep the rear bar that you have now, and just change the bushings to polyurethane if you can find any for that bar.

I asked Joe Beninca last year if he recommended I change the front or rear anti-sway bar sizes and he adamantly told me to keep them as they are, and just use his springs, torsion bars and modified Koni's. You already know how I feel about the suspension! :D

Nizam

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nizam,

I don't recall you ever asking me about a Ricmani sway bar...

oh well, I didn't have a second Milano at the time if you did, so I wouldn't have needed it back then. ;)

The suspension setup is going to be Shankle supersport torsion bars (27.3mm) and SS rear springs. I had the Shankle SS rear swaybar on my racecar and never had snap oversteer...

Really? I emailed Joe Beninca not to long ago and he told me to leave the front swaybar alone and get his stiffer adjustable rear swaybar & endlinks. :confused:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Chip,

Maybe that was because you did not have his springs/shocks/torsion bar combo.

On ebay there is a complete super sport setup for sale, for a Milano.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Must be further development of his suspension. My setup is an old release perhaps. Things have improved since. I'd go with his advice over mine! I'm just a (satisfied) customer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts