Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just acquired a 75 Alfetta GTV. This is in Lahore Pakistan and its probably the only Alfetta GTV in the country. It does not ahve an original engine and transaxle...someone has put in a Nissan V6 and reaar diff.... I want to convert it into a GTV6...wont be original but since its not going to be matching numbers car. Need a donor car for it. Will have to transport it to Dubai and then onwards to Pakistan. Does anyone have one for sale?

Body condition doesn't matter but should have as complete trim as possible and the mechanicals should be reasonable. Interior will be done up but should be complete...

Anyone interested in giving their car a new lease of life...Please look at " GTV from Pakistan" for my 105 1750GTV restoration....

pics of Alfetta coming up soon

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
interesting....! Its actually an Alfetta GT, as distinct to a GTV. In RHD lands this is a rarer beast than a GTV and there are many detail differences between the two.

But to your question, unless the steering and brakes have been mucked about with you can use either a LHD or a RHD GTV6 to source the drivetrain. They're pretty much the same thing mechanically except for those strange US only final drive ratio's.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alfetta GT condition

The front suspension is original but the rear has been " mucked about"....I would need a RHD dash for a GTV6 so. RHD is preferred but am looking in the States as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it finally arrives....first answere an ad for it ten yars ago when it was black and not so terrible a shape but with no engine..........now has a Nissan v6 from a Nissan Cedric.......and obviously has the transaxle removed.....now for the restoration process

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bought the GTV6

Scoured around the forum and got to a very reasonable chap in the UK. GTV6 .....and a spare 3.0 and transaxle....will set up a restoration thread separately

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Interested to see this one come back to life…

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
donor car or the Stigs Twin

The donor car is at the restorers...the question is whether this should be an actual donor or whether it can be the Stig's evil twin...Asian one not an American or Aussie one

Got a spare 3 litre engine from a 75 the rear transaxle along with the rear subframe too......so have the option of one car or two...resurrection time.................I am truly excited by this....

Now pls see the pics and cringe...:smile2:

More pics in a few minutes

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts