Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the rear edge or a few inches of a Giulietta Trunk Mat to repair mine. Any mat in almost any condition would work, as I am going to cut the section I need and mend it into my existing. The section I need is missing. A piece of a mat would also work as long as it has the right lower edge with it.. I have attached photos of mine.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,714 Posts
My experience is it's hard to glue/repair these. Maybe with inner tube patch material and glue? Do you have a method?
Andrew

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Andrew. Yes I've been repairing these for years with pre a Porsches. The method I use are sheets of rubber from McMaster car and two part black urethane. This is great stuff. I coat the rubber after cutting it with a layer of urethane. I place it under the mat where the crack is and apply a heavy weight to the patch. It works very well. If I had the missing piece I could finish this as I preserved all the other pieces.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used a general purpose urethane available in small bubble packs and mixed several packs at the same time and applied with a spreader on the reinforcing piece. I also buttered the edges of the repair area. I chose a black urethane to match. I will take a photo of the repair area tonight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts