Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Almost was scammed, but fellow did not want someone coming to him in person to pay cash and pick up block. Wouldn't even give me address. Wanted me instead to just send money and said he would ship -- Hah! Some times when a price seems just too good to be real it isn't real, and the price for a motor of the quality in the picture he sent was a pittance. Good thing I refuse to pay otherwise except through pay pal or via personal check. Consequently I still need in Seattle a rebuildable (or better) 1308 version 1900 series block. I realize that early two liter engines have same internals and fit, but engine number stamped on the front of block is crucial. And I expect real photos showing someone's hands, not ones copied off Google's Images.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Hi Jay, I saw your previous post and the reply from Franco. I may be wrong but I suspect Franco with the 1900 engine is a legit seller. He has been on the ABB buying and selling Alfa parts for a good while. Surely if he was misrepresenting parts or scamming folks he would have been banned long ago. If you were referring to a different seller of 1900 parts my apologies. Perhaps Google took the photos from Franco's post?...I hope others will chime in with good or bad feedback regarding this seller.
Mark

Mark

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, wasn't Franco

Franco is totally legit. He has more cars and parts going that most of us will ever see. He also knows what unobtanium parts are really worth.

The attempting scammer was that now infamous John Longman who we are being warned about in the for sale and wanted sections. Read the warning about scams. And John, whoever you are, that photo of the 1308 1900 engine was just perfect, absolutely perfect. But you quoted a price that was ridiculously low, too teeny for anyone who could possibly have owned such an item. If you are going to try to scam Alfa people, you better learn to quote realistic prices.

Watch out. The real danger of being scammed by people like John Longman is dealing directly via email when someone offers to sell you something. John Lonman has NEVER posted on the AlfaBB. He only scans the for sale and wanted ads to find email addresses and trys to deal that way. I was a good potential sucker because my PM box is 95% full and I try not to use it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts