Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Was hoping I might be able to find from someone a Right Hand rear (A Destra) Brake Drum for my 1961 2000 Sprint (102.05)

Also, I'm looking for some axle straps. Not the new, green vinyl type, but the original 'woven-belt' type.

Fingers crossed...

Many thanks,

Marc

·
Push hard and live
10,680 Posts
Marc,

I got my straps from a fellow in Australia that seems to advertise on Ebay. His ad was for 101 and 105 types, but when I wrote him he confirmed he had units that fit the 102, and they did. This might be the same guy - looks the same:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alfa-Romeo-105-...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a0fa0798b

There was just a drum for sale on Ebay, I think. Also, TST-Rettberg has a pair for sale.

Here's the TST-Rettberg link:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Alfa-Romeo-1900-...3463?pt=Autoteile_Zubehör&hash=item35a6b56917

I seem to recall that Jay N has stated that the 2000 and 2600 rear drums are different. TST advertises these as fitting both models. I don't know the truth. I have in my possession both an early and late style of rear brake system for a 102, but upon first glance the drums seem to be the same. The TST units have a 106 part number, whereas mine have a 102. Perhaps someone knows the difference? Not cheap, but when you need one they are suddenly cheaper than when you don't. Plus, having a spare on the shelf is essentially a guarantee that you'll never need to replace the one on the car.

Good luck,
Don

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don, thank you.

Will report back. I'm currently doing quite a bit of tuning too. So will let you know soon on the spec.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Re: axle strap measurements

Don, one last question...

I have contacted Trevor in Oz. Fingers crossed he can help me, but it seems the original straps have now been thrown out by the Shop, except one, which I think is an inside length. So, I only know half the story to give to Trevor.
Next question is, do you happen to have noted the following when you ordered yours from Trevor: (I believe all running gear on all 102 are the same, so your spider straps should be the same as my Sprint)

Original woven axle straps:

Width: 32mm
Length outer strap:??mm
Length inner strap: ??mm (poss 762mm)
Depth (thickness) outer strap:??mm
Depth (thickness) inner strap: ??mm

Hole positions:
I believe these are correct, but would like verification if I can get it:

First punches (for bracket) @ 12mm
Second punches (for mount) @ 86mm
Third punches (for mount) @ 170mm
Fourth punches ( for bracket) @ 12mm from other end (as first punches)

Hole diameter approx 6mm

Does this fit with any references people have?

·
Push hard and live
10,680 Posts
Marc,

I never took any measurements. When I contacted the vendor (which may or may not have been Trevor, but was definitely in Oz), he said "yep, I have them" and shipped them right over. They matched my connecting plates exactly. It was a simple matter of inserting bolts and tightening them up.

I'm laying in this morning but will try to get some measurements for you later.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Marc,

I got my straps from a fellow in Australia that seems to advertise on Ebay. His ad was for 101 and 105 types, but when I wrote him he confirmed he had units that fit the 102, and they did. This might be the same guy - looks the same:

Alfa Romeo 105 & Montreal rear axle straps | eBay

There was just a drum for sale on Ebay, I think. Also, TST-Rettberg has a pair for sale.

Here's the TST-Rettberg link:

Alfa Romeo 1900 2000 2600 102 106 Set Bremstro"""NEU""" | eBay

I seem to recall that Jay N has stated that the 2000 and 2600 rear drums are different. TST advertises these as fitting both models. I don't know the truth. I have in my possession both an early and late style of rear brake system for a 102, but upon first glance the drums seem to be the same. The TST units have a 106 part number, whereas mine have a 102. Perhaps someone knows the difference? Not cheap, but when you need one they are suddenly cheaper than when you don't. Plus, having a spare on the shelf is essentially a guarantee that you'll never need to replace the one on the car.

Good luck,
Don
Don:

The drums are in fact different. The 106 drums have a thinner fin. I didn't pay much attention to this until I sold one of my extra 102 drums to a fellow in California. I had several spares from a couple of 102 and 106 parts cars that two friends and I owned years ago. I first grabbed the cleanest one, which happened to be a 106 part and noticed the difference. I'm sure it would work, but it looks different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts