Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
To my new buddy, 164 QV, the LS's have exhausts that look like the Remus. The Ansa is the round dual tip and it is very nice. I have it on my 93 164 L.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hey Brianjonesphoto, I see that you're the high bidder on that Q on ebay. Have you personally seen the car? It looks and sounds beautiful. Such low mileage to boot. Hope you get it. Good luck.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks general,
I didn't get the car my high bid was 16K and that didn't meet the reserve price! But I emailed the guy right after the auction posted and I have not heard anything back from him in 10 days. My gut tells me there is something wrong with that!

·
Registered
484 Posts
As nice as the car sounds, your offer was very generous!! I think the seller is out of touch with the current state of affairs in the US regarding Alfa resale values!! I was watching that bid and someone else had the high bid at the end, he might be negotiating with him, however, he should have at least replied to you. Did you see the car in person? It's a lot to offer sight unseen, no? Anyway, just be patient and you will come across the right car. There was also a very nice LS for sale on Ebay, for significantly less money with many custom upgrades, however, that car is automatic if that concerns you. I have a 93 164 L that's automatic and it's still a lot of fun. Also practical as a daily driver if you're stuck in traffic.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Getting kind of OT but...

Genral,
right know I'm looking a 2 5-speed LS's. One is in LA and the other Philidelphia, The one is LA is a 94 with 67k on it and the other is a 95 with 75k on it. I'm debating which one to go with.

The 95 is being sold by the origanial owner and he has all of the service records. The car appears to be in great shape and I'm going to have it inspected by Algar Ferrari at the end of the week. the guy is aking $9900.

The 94 is a second owner car a does not have a complete history, the first 30k are missing and the guy is asking $8900.

Based on this information I'm leaning tward the 95 with the complete service history.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I agree. The 93 L that I bought was sold to me by the original owner. I also enjoyed sizing him up. He had a Mustang Cobra and an SUV, all were immaculate and he treated the Alfa the same. Don't be afraid of the mileage. There will be some repairs along the road (Heck, almost a 10 year old car). But there will also be many months with no car payment and the excitement of driving something unique!! Go for it, you'll love it. Is the car champagne or white (seem to be popular colors for the LS's)?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it's black/tan. either white nor black would be my fist choice of color I was hoping for a blue of green with a tan interior, but hey finding a good 164 aint easy so you can't be picky.

I spoke to the shop that has been working on the car Westtwon imports and as soon as I mentioned the 95 164 LS he know exactly what car I was talking about I didn't even give the owner name. HE said the car was in great shape and I would be hard pressed to find a better one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts