Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to source a 1600 Junior Z.
Ideally matching numbers, original car.
Please contact me if you have or know of anything.

Thanks

[email protected] or whatsapp 07946111619

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If you are in the UK, I would focus on the Netherlands, Germany and Italy. That's where most are. They are rare here in the US, 1600 cars even rarer and often rodded with later engines, incorrect wheels, etc.

Rolf runs the Junior Z Registry and might help. He helped me 16 or so years ago and found my Italian delivery car in the Netherlands.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
If you are in the UK, I would focus on the Netherlands, Germany and Italy. That's where most are. They are rare here in the US, 1600 cars even rarer and often rodded with later engines, incorrect wheels, etc.

Rolf runs the Junior Z Registry and might help. He helped me 16 or so years ago and found my Italian delivery car in the Netherlands.
a number of Zagato 1600 are in Japan, I sold one to Canada in year 2003. little over 400 were built so pretty rare catch.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
Yes my Dads old JZ went out there in the late 80's, but unfortunately not for sale.
I was surprised to see such an Alfa following. They even have the original Spada designed Rover prototype that spawned the JZ and the Fulvia Z.
I imagine the ex-show car as still on english plates!!
I see your Canada car also has the rear Z upside down, you do see a few.
Before the days of "Poka Yoke"
I wonder how many left the factory like it ;)

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Hi,
Yes my Dads old JZ went out there in the late 80's, but unfortunately not for sale.
I was surprised to see such an Alfa following. They even have the original Spada designed Rover prototype that spawned the JZ and the Fulvia Z.
I imagine the ex-show car as still on english plates!!
I see your Canada car also has the rear Z upside down, you do see a few.
Before the days of "Poka Yoke"
I wonder how many left the factory like it ;)
as for the Z upside down...I have pictures I took in 2001 in Italy of an unrestored 1600 Junior Z ...my guess is that for a car produced in small serie there could be few differences

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly!
And we are talking Italy here.
It depends who was on shift, if they'd had breakfast and how many glasses of vino with their lunch ;)
Anything went, any how, any time.
The cars were built using what was available that day, that's why the carbs/alternators differ and options missing on later models.
Those particular manufacturers were on strike that week so the alternative part was used.
Do you still have any dealings with sourcing/exporting them now?
This red example with the correct badge orientation looks nice.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Exactly!
And we are talking Italy here.
It depends who was on shift, if they'd had breakfast and how many glasses of vino with their lunch ;)
Anything went, any how, any time.
The cars were built using what was available that day, that's why the carbs/alternators differ and options missing on later models.
Those particular manufacturers were on strike that week so the alternative part was used.
Do you still have any dealings with sourcing/exporting them now?
This red example with the correct badge orientation looks nice.
I would recommend you to learn more about the history of the model, you might find this article inspiring. The Junior Zagato was never planned to be mass produced, so every model was almost entirely finished by hand at Zagato’s facilities in Turin .
Vino and so...you seem to know better than an italian like myself. Good luck with your search.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts