Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get my fuel system up to snuff. I need a fuel sender for my '69 US Spec SPICA injected GTV. I have Jaeger gauges. Any leads welcome.

Thanks,

·
Registered
256 Posts
Er... just order one from IAP. $58.

They're apparantly out of regular production, so it took 5 months from the time I ordered it to the time I got it a few months ago, but be patient, and it'll come. It's actually a sender from a later Spider with an extra in-tank fuel line attached, but I just capped this off and it works perfectly with my Jaeger gauge. If you're very particular about the looks of the sender, you could cut the tube off and solder/braze the hole shut.

George

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I've tried Centerline and IAP. They are both out and have no certain delivery date. I thought I'd try here.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
I have about 40 different fuel senders, all NOS, but I'm really only familiar with the Veglia version for my early 105 Sprint GT. If you would post a photo of the sender you need and include any relevant measurements then I'll take a look in the box for you.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Dale,

Yeah, I got the same story from both places when I ordered mine in September of last year. But I placed the order anyway, forgot all about it, and was pleasantly surprised 5 months later when it arrived in the mail. So, I still think its worth a shot. Who knows... it might arrive just in time for X-mas!

George

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
The nichrome wire in the sender breaks at one of the winding corners rendering these units worthless. If some one could find the wire and rewind the resistance unit, there could be a market out there for an in-home business. :) I have two units I could send to someone in exchange for one rebuilt. Then you could have a unit to sell. :) Exchange for a core.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Regretfully, I do not have a picture I can share.

The part number from the Alfa Romeo parts book is: 105.48.32.502.00

Centerline has a good picture of the sender.

If you have one, that'd be great.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Dale,

I'm pretty sure I've found one in my big box of fuel senders, NOS. I left my camera at a friend's house last night but I'll pick it up later and take a photo for you.

Alex.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Bump

I need one too... I'd love to help with pics - but this is what came out of my tank:eek:

My car is a US 72, but with Euro intake manifold and Webers with 1300 style air intake - truely and odd ball:rolleyes:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for looking for the fuel sender for me. Did you have any luck? Eager to get my baby going. Thanks, Dale

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
OK, here's what I have. These are marked: " T 12V W Z0 01006 (symbol)". Inlet tube length measured from cap to bottom of mesh is about 7 3/4". No Jaeger marking that I can see, but these are the ones from my collection which most closely correspond to the version pictured on the Centerline website.

One is NOS, the other has seen light use. Both dry stored since at least the mid-1980s. I'll throw in a NOS sealing ring too (as pictured). If interested, EMAIL me directly (no PM's, please).

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess true replacements for the 105.51 aren't made anymore. The originals didn't have the tube coming out the top.

Anyone know about this?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
1750 fuel gauge

My sender sticks at half a tank. I pulled it out and it looks a lot different from the others posted. I cleaned the resistance wire and wipers with contact cleaner--haven't run the fuel under a half yet so don't know if it works now or not. Gauges are jaeger. Are the centerline senders drop in replacement?

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Joe's post would imply they have the correct fuel sender for my car? I've emailed him for clarification. The pictures attached come from the parts book. Definitely no tube. My guess is they are no longer available and people are just modifying the replacement.

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,334 Posts
Yes, all the new production sending units have the fuel feed tube coming out the top. This is really not much of an issue, as they can be blocked off with a rubber plug or cut off and soldered shut.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yes, all the new production sending units have the fuel feed tube coming out the top. This is really not much of an issue, as they can be blocked off with a rubber plug or cut off and soldered shut.
Joe

So the ones you have with the tube (which I need)---are they one size fits all? Meaning they read fuel level in all 105 tanks accurately? Are the early spider tanks the same size as the later ones?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts