Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 GTV 76 Alfetta GT
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a set of headlights for an Alfetta if anyone has some spares laying around.

Cheers,
Matteas

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hello, are you looking for a complete set of headlight bulbs or headlight buckets for the 76' Alfetta GT?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have a box of several side and tail lamp sets. Priced right. Send PM if interested.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
@matteas

Please clarify if you need the buckets themselves. And, if you're seeking headlights to fit within those buckets.

US cars had a clamshell type assembly that was comprised of a notched bucket with aiming features and a trim ring that clasps around a lamp. The bucket is notched for mounting sealed beam lamps but many Euro modular headlights have this style of mounting. You can fit cheap sealed beam lamps as available from any auto parts store, or you can spend some more $ on euro lamps.

The euro lamp pictured has the aiming features integrated. These type of lamps do fit in US grilles physically but some markets used H1/H1 (single filament/single filament) outer/inner type configuration. The US cars used an H4/H1 (dual filament/single filament) outer/inner type configuration but with sealed beams.

·
Registered
74 GTV 76 Alfetta GT
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for clarifying how the Alfetta lights are assembled.
The Alfetta is new to me and came without headlamps (it's a track car being converted back to street) so just took stock of whats needed.
I'll need headlight buckets, trim rings and also the pigtail connections if any are available.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Convert back to better headlights than something circa 1976. Lots of good options at www.summitracing.com. Same with the rear lights too, especially if you want reliable lights when you need them. My two cents.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Besides the lights, what else do you need? I have a 76 Alfetta race car that has all the carpets, back window, side glass, and window moldings in a box. I kept the door cards and window handles on the car. PM me.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a 79 Alfetta that I'm getting ready to send to the scrap yard. No drive line but I have various trim bits that I just started going through. I'm sure I have some headlight buckets. I'll get some pics tomorrow. Let me know what else you're looking for.

·
Registered
74 GTV 76 Alfetta GT
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JEBoniface I'll definitely take the headlight buckets and will PM you for other parts.
Thanks-

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Don’t forget to get the mounting hardware with the buckets and trim rings.
The lights themselves are just 5 3/4” H4 and H1 as mentioned by rob.
If your grill is like a gtv6 make sure the little threaded inserts for the mounting hardware is in ok shape too.

·
Registered
74 GTV 76 Alfetta GT
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still looking for the headlight buckets/trim rings and hardware if anyone has.
Cheers-
Matteas

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have them for you. I've even sandblasted them. I apologize for not getting back to you. I'll send a PM and we can complete the deal

1 - 16 of 16 Posts