Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know. I am just hoping there is one out there in good condition READ: no cracks that I can buy. $1400 and a 4 month wait is a bitter pill to swallow to have it brought back to perfect, and I am not confident I can do it myself. I found a DECENT one on Ebay for $300, but I just need it a little nicer.

Thanks for any offers in advance!

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
I agree the cost to refurbish dashes is astronomical these days...good luck. One member had a good used spider dash for sale on the BB in the past, maybe it is still available.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
can you post a pic of the one you located? I have 2-3 in sheds but hesitate to offer lest the "ebay" is better.
Have you thought of refurbishing one you have? There are step by step instructions on here that teach. Takes a 2-3 day process. I did one a year or so ago, only cost is of the time & filler (rubber bumper repair) $80-100. you might consider, I was happy with the results. Never liked the "glue-on dash cap". I've got two of those too.:whistle:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you post a pic of the one you located? I have 2-3 in sheds but hesitate to offer lest the "ebay" is better.
Have you thought of refurbishing one you have? There are step by step instructions on here that teach. Takes a 2-3 day process. I did one a year or so ago, only cost is of the time & filler (rubber bumper repair) $80-100. you might consider, I was happy with the results. Never liked the "glue-on dash cap". I've got two of those too.:whistle:

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
the one I repaired was like yours, quite a few cracks. As stated by GPRocket, Classic Alfa is the way to go unless you just "must try" it yourself. If I had a choice for then, I'd buy a repro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts