Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I just noticed that my friends at Italclassic have a cool new video on Youtube. Looks like they've also upgraded their site. I'd lmost say that Alicante is a bit out of the way for Alfa shopping but Alicante, located in one of the most spectacular parts of Spain, can hardly be described as "out of the way".

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hi,

+1 with 180OUT.

and just my experience...

If the solex runs well, don't touch it. They are so smooth.... a pleasure to drive but a nightmare to make them perfect working. That's why people don't like Solex.

But 2 good solex on 1750 or 2000 will make a better engine to drive than Dell'Orto or Weber.

just my 2 cents :)

Chris

·
Registered
882 Posts
I just noticed that my friends at Italclassic have a cool new video on Youtube. Looks like they've also upgraded their site. I'd lmost say that Alicante is a bit out of the way for Alfa shopping but Alicante, located in one of the most spectacular parts of Spain, can hardly be described as "out of the way".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZfdZjm1J8Q
Hi Jim thanks for your kind words, this car was sold 3 years a go and the owner is still very happy with it, currently making another one from a ´69 Junior stepnose for a customer

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Yeah, Bruce/Alfanuts and I were talking about that car the other day. Keep us posted on the '69 build. I talk to Jon pretty frequently. He's very happy with the TI he bought from you. At last count we had 10 Tis and Supers in our Austin club!

·
Registered
110 Posts
+1 on Dellortos. I have a set of the emissions version (L) on my Giulia, and around town stop/start driving, its much more mannered than my Berlina with Weber 32's. My webers just arent as good coming off idle & partial throttle conditions. That being said, I've tuned both sets myself with an AFR gauge as my guide..no professional dyno tuning. My gas mileage is also better on the dellorto equipped car.

As for solex...My experiences with them on my BMW have not been positive, as any 2002 owner who has delt with the dual barrel solex could tell you. The throttle shafts on them seems to worn out on all the suriving ones, making for perpetual vacuum leaks. The dual PPH carbs do work great from what I heard from BMW owners who have kept them. Most go with dual webers due to general knowledge, parts/jets being abundant here stateside.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Baldanzi is living in Milan so we'll soon know more about this car from someone who's looking at it up close.

·
Registered
33 Posts
m

You´ve answered the question now, so good luck with your search. US is better for Coupés and spiders, but not many sedans were imported, though 2000 Berlina is relatively easy to find in USA. There has been a lot of good advice about buying condition. Buying a 1300 is the most probable, and they go well. Once you load the car with family and find some hills, they lose that charm! Upgrading to 2 litre, you also need to upgrade brakes and lsd is a good idea, but USA is full of cheap spiders.

I´m in Madrid and have bought a few cars from Italclassic in Alicante, including cars which they have restored for me, always to complete satisfaction.

https://www.italclassic.com/en/

I would get in touch with Ben Rasenberg for advice if not an actual sale, or for any hard to get used parts. Also Classic Alfa tend to beat Alfaholics on price, but there are good suppliers in Germany and France who have websites in English.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Baldanzi is living in Milan so we'll soon know more about this car from someone who's looking at it up close.
I've sent PM - but no reply (I saw this car a couple of weeks ago posted on FaceBook). Honestly, first point - I can't do that color :grin2: Second, I think I just found "my" car..... more to follow. (a lovely 1300 super with a fresh 1750 swap). I just gotta work the deal now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
alfa giulia

If you are still interested i have the giulia super you look for here in Milano
contact me

https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/673704-giulia-super-1600-a.html#post8360566

First Post!

Here's the question - I am currently living in Milan Italy for work and will move back to the USA (Philadelphia) in July 2019. As a family we have decided that we should get a cool car the whole family can enjoy. Ive been looking at Fiat 500s and Lancia Fulvia Coupes, but the Alfa is the one we want. Should I buy here and bring it back or is the supply in the USA good enough? Obviously price is a factor . I'm not going to pay a premium here if prices are better in the USA.....On the other hand, having a Giulia to drive around over the next year is worth something!

My dream car is a GTA/Junior/GTV coupe but the prices are too high - plus I want something large enough for the family to enjoy. I'm going to pour through this forum and stickies to learn all I can about which models to go after, etc. Would love to keep it in the later 1/2 of the sixties. Any advice is appreciated. Am very open minded about models and other suggestions

Been a car-nut all of my life an am finally trying to get an Alfa. Lots of old-car experience (65 Benz Coupe and Volvo p1800s as previous cars) so projects, within reason, don't scare me off. I'm really looking to turn this into a family obsession and project with the boys. We were at the Alfa Museum recently and the family fell in love with the dark blue Super they have on the floor. My wife said, "that's the one I want"

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Matteo: Look at the top of the page. To the right of "Welcome" you find "your notifications" which is where you'll find private messages sent to you on the bb. You have to be logged in to see the private messages.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Sorry for no posts. I've been busy! Remember that car from the Alfa Museum I posted in my first post? My family said that's the one they want..... Well I came close, a 1973 1.3 Super with a 1750 swap.

My head is spinning. Car arrived today - immediately tucked into the garage to avoid the snow forecast here in Milan for tomorrow.

I will create a new thread for this one with better pix when I get a chance! First impressions, engine is great, body very good, interior very good. Lots of little things to sort out. I'll address it all in the new thread in a bit. I'm a little freaked out that we actually did it! Here are pix from the advert. I'll post new ones in a bit

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
1.3 Super ..nice !

Great colour too.

Congrats on the purchase.

Cheers.

P.S. I was in Italy last October for 4 weeks, travelled from north to south, I was amazed that in the month I was
There the only old Alfa I saw was a duetto in Milan (besides the old cars at the Museo Historico!) and an odd
75 here and there, they must all be hidden away!

41 - 60 of 60 Posts