Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i am looking for a front screen for a Romeo 2. Does anybody know where to find one?
In addition i am searching for owner handbooks and workshop manuals for this car - please mail me, if you can help.

Nick

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
Try contacting Tony Stevens at AlfaStop in the UK -- he knows Romeo vans quite well may be able to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Currently on E-Bay Italy for sale a workshop manual so that is a chance to obtain one. I do have an owners manual, but not with me in Japan so that doesn't help you very much.

As Tubut suggested Tony Stevens from Alfa Stop is the best authority on the Romeo / Romeo2 / Romeo3 topic. He also runs the Romeo register and has a huge collection of manuals on this particular Alfa.

Good luck and best wishes for 2012

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
windscreen

Try Charles Pugh glass in the UK , they stock a vast range of classic windscreens from the 60's , I found a screen for my 2600 spider in stock with them.

Charles Pugh Glass Ltd.

HeadOffice:

Longwood Road

Brookhill Industrial Est.

Pinxton

Nottinghamshire

NG16 6NT

Tel:01773 581458

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am still searching for a windscreen for the Romeo 2.
Tony Stevens told me, that somebody cuted a windscreen from a newer model. But he don't know any details....
Does anyone heard of it?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I am still searching for a windscreen for the Romeo 2.
Tony Stevens told me, that somebody cuted a windscreen from a newer model. But he don't know any details....
Does anyone heard of it?
I also need a front screen for my Romeo2 as well. I have considered having a few made. If you are interested I will follow up cost and quantities etc.
regards,
Vince. [email protected]

·
Registered
529 Posts
Nick and Vince, were either of you successful in finding a Romeo windscreen?
Best regards
Mat

No not yet. The company I had in mind here to remake one closed its production. I do not know if the Romeo is the same as any other screen; Fiat or Lancia of the period?
Vince.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks Vince.
I have so far reached a dead end to every enquiry I have made.

I'm now considering having a batch made. My van has its original screen albeit cracked, so i have a good pattern to use.

Would anybody be interested in a screen if i have some made? Not looking for hard orders, just testing the water.

Mat

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thanks Vince.
I have so far reached a dead end to every enquiry I have made.

I'm now considering having a batch made. My van has its original screen albeit cracked, so i have a good pattern to use.

Would anybody be interested in a screen if i have some made? Not looking for hard orders, just testing the water.

Mat
Hi Mat,
I'm have the same as you; cracked original. I would certainly be interested in you finding out what can be done at your end of the world. I obviously need one at minimum.
[email protected]
Regards, Vince.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
For those of you that do not read German. The website states that they can produce a one of, or small run of course, if you provide the original wind shield which can be cracked...

JC

·
Registered
36 Posts
New Winscreen update;
Dear all. Last week I visited the Uk leading windscreen manufacturer; Pilkingtons, to discuss options for reproducing a classic windscreen. They have my original screen now for measuring and I expect to hear from them in the next day or two with costing.
From what they said last week, I'm expecting a cost of aprox £400 per screen.(US$490 at today's Xrate)

As soon as I have an accurate price I will post.
Best regards
Mat

A video showing to process to produce limited number screens.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I am late in this post, but it's exactly Pilkingtons you need for this kind of things.

I made some one off over there, like Giulietta SZ and the quality is top.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hello everyone,
Funny I was just talking about windscreens last night & wondering how this was going. Any updates or progress about if it can be done and pricing? Thanks.
Regards,
Vince.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts