Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a replacement distributor cap and rotor arm for a 1938 2300 AR 6C engine. It is a Bosch type with the leads from the side of the cap not the top. Please contact [email protected], or +1 281 630 3513 or this forum. thanks Chris

·
Registered
9,245 Posts
FWIW, I looked up the Bosch Classic web site, where, after logging in, there's a 2-page downloadable equipment list by the name of AL0188.pdf from 1951 (see attachment at bottom of post), from which I extracted the following two snippets ("Zündverteiler" is the distributor and "kein Ersatz" means no replacement, i.e. NLA):

Bosch PDF AL0188 - p.1 (cropped + 700 wide).jpg

Bosch PDF AL0188 - p.2 (cropped + 700 wide).jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I would try OKP Alfa and Afra in Italy according to my parts source. I found parts for a 507 BMW in Germany and might ask if they know of anyone who might have those parts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oops! I just checked my old distributor, and it's a Marelli. The Bosch was the one I got parts for, the Marelli was the hopeless one. Anyone know of a Marelli source?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your help. I've not tried Jim Stokes yet but will, bought a gearbox off this firm and its proven to perform very well. I tried Italparts also, helpful chap but no luck yet, same for Prewarcar. The rotor arm was found to be eroded on the contact, it's a substantial part so cleaned and reset back to vertical and miss-fire is now missing so to speak. Having said that, a spare would be useful and below is a link to someone offering to make them, they came by recommendation so are capable. As a one off its too expensive but I'd be ok if a number of you need one made and we can use mine as the pattern. Please let me know.
Chris,

Looks like the cap has been painted with a sealant in an attempt to stop the
arcing. Without more detailed photos, I'm guessing you're looking somewhere
around $600 per cap, for a run of five caps. Can give you a better idea
once we've seen it up close and personal. It would probably be a good idea
to do the rotor at the same time.

We would require an original part to use as a pattern, which would be
returned. The better the condition of the original pattern part, the less
time and cost. From receipt of order to shipment is approximately 4-6
weeks.

Kip Lankenau, President
Kip Motor Company
(972)243-0440
www.kipmotor.com
Home - KipAero
‘The Authority on post-war British vehicles and Vintage Aircraft’

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - I am looking for the rest of the list you posted an unable to login to the bosch-classic website. Looking for the M's for Mercedes and W's for Wanderer. Do you have access to the rest of the list?
Bruce

·
Registered
9,245 Posts
Hi - I am looking for the rest of the list you posted an unable to login to the bosch-classic website. Looking for the M's for Mercedes and W's for Wanderer. Do you have access to the rest of the list?
Bruce
The Bosch Classic web site has been unavailable for quite some time, but presents a page for vehicle and/or product search that advises to contact them via email to [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts