Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1861 - 1873 of 1873 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,842 Posts
Even before COVID BaT had become the go-to venue I think for most interesting cars, at least for folks who didn't want to buy or sell at an in-person auction. That's even more true now. Nasty but interesting cars, sure, you still see them on CL, etc., but if I have something to sell I'm going to BaT. I've sold 8-10 cars there though it's been a few years.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,842 Posts
Yes, it was for sale for some time by a dealer in Boise. It was at Concorso two years ago, nice car. Price is up there.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
xplorutah - if you end up seeing the car in person let us know what you think. I have admired that car from the photos for a while now.
Bill

·
Registered
183 Posts
Max Monahan had that beautiful blue Giulia Super for a long time at his Modern Classic Auto's dealership in Boise. He ended up having to fold his tent in Boise and joined up with Luxe Automotive in SLC, one market size up. Max tried to make it work in Boise for 3 years bringing cars over from Europe and selling them here. He focused on Lancia as much as anything and then had a good number of Alfas and a few assorted others. Years ago you could pick up a Fulvia or Giulia for a good price in Europe and sell it for more in the states to make that a viable business model. These days prices have more or less equalized making that a more difficult proposition. Here's the video Max put together for selling the blue Gulia at his Boise dealership:

He sold a few of his cars on BringATrailer, but this Giulia wasn't among those--I suspect because he really wanted a top price for it and was concerned he wouldn't get that on BaT.

Here's another video Max put out where he talks cars and his business in general:

The Giulia shows up in that one as well around the 7 minute mark. I wish he would have been able to hold on in Boise since I like to see special cars like these in places besides the major markets. $45K has been the asking price for this Giulia ever since he first listed it.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Just wonderful, even has the std. equipment non-functional clock. I have a soft spot for Blu Olendese Supers with brown interiors, as that was the config of my first Super and second Alfa. (Unfortunately mine also had the rust option.)

·
Registered
153 Posts
It is indeed a very nice car, in beautiful original condition. Personally I prefer the older pre-'67 models: Giulia TI (1600) and Bollino Oro. So much nicer in detail: interior, grille, chrome specifics, shorter door handles, 15" steelies.

·
Registered
154 Posts
A shameless promotion for my Nuova Super that I posted in the “cars for sale” forum.
Imported by Anfanuts and living in NorCal for the last five years.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I wish he would have been able to hold on in Boise since I like to see special cars like these in places besides the major markets. $45K has been the asking price for this Giulia ever since he first listed it.
Don't worry. If someone in SLC buys this sedan, it will be only the second one in SLC and perhaps Utah. We may be a metro area, but Alfa's are not highly represented here.
Drew

·
Registered
183 Posts
Don't worry. If someone in SLC buys this sedan, it will be only the second one in SLC and perhaps Utah. We may be a metro area, but Alfa's are not highly represented here.
Drew
Ha, by "major markets" I really just meant outside CA (although I guess it could be argued that Austin is a hotbed for these as well and should be on some kind of quota :)). Hopefully it works out for Max in SLC, but LUXE seems more of a regular high-end dealer than something different like Max established in Boise.

1861 - 1873 of 1873 Posts