Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1761 - 1780 of 1800 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
This constant-flyer Berlina has had two price drops recently. If you can get ahold of the seller...
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/lompoc-1969-alfa-romeo-berlina/6960629180.html

Andrew
I was just going to ask if anyone knew anything about it. I found a Giulia in Italy in a similar color and have been coordinating with the seller to have an acquaintance drive up from Rome and inspect it. I definitely want a Giulia over a Berlina but this has one factor going for it: it's already here.

Also, it says it's a US car but has euro sidemarkers? Later-in-life replacements or could this be a Euro car?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I did see this too.
Its interesting in that this car has the front signals body mounted below the headlight vs. the signal assembly mounted to the top of the bumper as all other 1969 European models I have seen. Body mounted front signals on Euro spec Berlinas did not come until 1971 in Europe and Canada. Maybe front nose was changed?

·
Premium Member
21,133 Posts
I owned AR*1326426* and it had lights on the bumper. I'd put this car as built just after the August 1969 vacation, so maybe that's when the change came in?
Andrew

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I still own 1969 Italian Spec. AR*1323058*, top mount bumper front signals. I also own a 1971 Euro spec Berlina with body mounted signal lights.

Could be a late 1969 production? Maybe Alfa ran out of top mount signal bumpers?

·
Premium Member
21,133 Posts
I'd put it as August/Sept production, yes. In the US that would possibly make it a 1970 model year car, but I realize outside the US it didn't work that way. And there weren't any 1970 US cars.
Andrew

·
Registered
158 Posts
The BAT Berlina looks nice, wished there were photos of the jacking points, rockers, door bottoms, spare tire well, etc.

I previously owned a '69 Euro spec 1750 Berlina; floor pedals, body mounted signal lights, toggle switches mounted inside center console wood veneer, and manually adjustable outer headlights.

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
A full figured wheel for sure. Nice style too.

·
Premium Member
21,133 Posts
The beige cava 1750 Berlina in Italy sold for $14,500 on BaT. A steal, though a long way for the US for such buyers.
Andrew

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think the beige 1750 was changed. Maybe to look like a 2nd series? But you never now, considering its a 69 and alfa is known to have just used what was in stock. Seems unlikely though, because the rest looks 1st series except for the steering wheel. It really is a nice car! I am having doubts looking at the trunk floor: does not fit the big picture. Is that accident dammage?

Differences 1st and 2nd series:

1st series 1750 berlina 67-69:
- cross over air intake, later on also air cleaner on intake
- standing pedals with lockheed brake booster
- bumper mounted turnsignals and no turnsignals on the front fenders (but often added)
- single circuit brake system
- 5 spd manual
- steering wheel black plastic
- bootlid without alfa badge
- rear black and white badge and 1750 script next to number plate
- interchangeable 'cushion' or armrest with opening lid in backseat

2nd series 1750 berlina 69-72
- air cleaner on intake side
- hanging pedals with ate brakebooster
- body mounted turnsignals
- dual circuit brake system
- 5 spd manual or optional 3 spd ZF automatic
- different centre console to S1 (ashtray & 3 switches)
- steering wheel fake wood
- fender mounted turn signals
- bootlid with alfa badge
- rear 1750 script (no badge) next to number plate
- "stay fitted" doors (s1 did not have this)
- fixed centre pull down armrest in backseat

I previously owned a 69 1st series and now own a 71 2nd series, sicilian import in 2019.
They coincidentally met. The 69 looks a bit tired now.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Joorz,

S1's had a black 'stripe/section' of the headlining on the rear inside pillar, S2's didn't.

Also RHD cars got standing pedals in both S1 & S2.

I noticed that discrepancy too and thought the same - a 'change over' period perhaps.

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
11,221 Posts
Alfa never did anything "all-at-once" from my observations.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Those are Autoparko TI Super/TZ wheels in 6x15? They add just the right subtle touch, Joor. I you don't know what you're looking at you'd probably look right past them. But, if you know what they are, the visual impact is entirely different.

1761 - 1780 of 1800 Posts