Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1741 - 1760 of 1800 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,138 Posts
Aha. There's a local GTV about that didn't sell on BaT last week; seller is looking for 50% more than it was bid to there. Seems optimistic, perhaps here too.
Andrew

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Anytime I see too many pictures of just one side of the vehicle and absolutely no pictures of the rest of the car, it raises flags as do home made decals randomly (or rather intentionally) placed. After reading BaT auction listing on this car I'm glad to see that my gut feeling didn't fail me.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,744 (Edited)
Same VIN. Bingo. A Biscione-trimmed car. What's with all the spunky decals; I didn't realize that added so much value??

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Same VIN. Bingo. A Biscione-trimmed car. What's with all the spunky decals; I dind;t realuze that added so much value??
Au contraire, quite valuable when trying to hide imperfections...:wink2:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Overall not too bad, has potential. A lot of heavy lifting done (body, paint, mechanical, electrical, upholstery), some things I like (rear body panel, dash panel), some things I'd change (wheel, remove flares, headlamps, install original grille, remove the head unit and return gauges to their original place in the center console stack). I know, the change list is much longer than the like list but none of it is really hard...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ya, I don't hate it as much as I probably should. I'd ditch the decals, headlights and replace the deathtrap seatbelts. id lean toward keeping the flares, but if you put the right size tires on those rims its WAY too much traction for the HP. It would be a car I'd have no problem adding a sliding ragtop roof too (I like open air) as the car is already modded way beyond collector status. Would need it for a great price though!

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
Someone gonna do it someday and with all the totaled Giulias on CoPart dropping a 285hp 2L in a 105 would be a snap!

·
Premium Member
21,138 Posts
I've seen that car for sale before, perhaps on CL, not sure.
I remember it now, the "10 hours to remove the carbs" comment. Really?
And lousy paint and home painted roof, not sure those count as patina. Still, might make sense.
Andrew

1741 - 1760 of 1800 Posts