Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1701 - 1720 of 1800 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,701
That grill is kind of a blank slate; this could be a "series-whatever-you-want-it-to-be."
Looks like expanded metal from some machine shop.

·
Premium Member
21,159 Posts
Pretty sure the maroon 69 Berlina is one that Jaan Hjorth worked through extensively 10ish years ago with the then-owner from Corte Madera, Marin County. They didn't mess with the cosmetics, but did everything mechanical. Jaan knows his stuff, so probably works well. After finishing it, the owner soon sold it. He had a Super and various Fiats at the time. I may be wrong on which car it is, but this is my recollection. I hear-tell the current seller is not the best communicator. If I were looking for a Berlina I'd consider it if I could see it in the flesh.
Andrew

·
Registered
274 Posts
I hear-tell the current seller is not the best communicator. If I were looking for a Berlina I'd consider it if I could see it in the flesh.
Yes, I contacted the seller many months ago about seeing it in person and he responded for me to all him. I left a couple voicemails for him that went unreturned. Hate when someone won't message then never answers their phone. The guy either doesn't really want to sell it or is a dreamer that keeps raising the price keeping it above market pricing in the hope that someone bites.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,159 Posts
Yeah, it was gone pretty quickly. The VIN and engine number were in the ad, anyone write them down or save them?
Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,159 Posts
You need to see the undersides to really judge, but from what I see, not bad. It's been on Ebay before, I don't recall if sold and then not consummated, didn't meet reserve, or what. I wouldn't buy without some kind of inspection, but that's true for me on any car.

Andrew

1701 - 1720 of 1800 Posts