Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1601 - 1620 of 1799 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
That is a beautiful Giulia, although I will be shocked if it sells for the estimate of $40,000 or more. Let us know what you think of it if you get to see it up close. Also in the description they erroneously say it is the same type of car that Nikki Laura drove in Rush. That was a Lancia 2000.
Bill

·
Registered
91 Posts
Also in the description they erroneously say it is the same type of car that Nikki Laura drove in Rush. That was a Lancia 2000.
Bill
Yeah I had a chuckle over that bit as well.

I will look it over as I can, I am a newb so hoping it is a real good one so I can compare and contrast my (later) Super 1300 against it.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
, although I will be shocked if it sells for the estimate of $40,000 or more.

Strong money for a single carb TI nice driver. Similar cars routinely sell for !8K euro and less in Y'urp. Americans tend for forget that Giulia TI and Super sedans are a lot more common in other countries than they are here in the state. Across the water they are not rare in the ways customarily collectable GTVs and Spiders are.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
A typical price for a 1300 TI on the open market in the US is $15,000-20,000. Anything can happen at an auction. Should be interesting. Nice car.
Andrwe

·
Registered
2,005 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
And on the Bonham's website it says $36,400 which presumably includes the buyer's premium. Healthy dollars for a TI although it did look pretty sweet in the photos.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
This was a quie nice car but not really all that exceptional. The same quality of car is pretty regularly available in Europe for around !8k euros. I think I'm going to start investing in tulip bulb futures . . .

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Well, things can be different at auctions. Such prices are not always repeatable.
A TI and a 1300 TI are pretty different in terms of equipment and performance.
Andrew

·
Registered
159 Posts
1971 Giulia Super on eBay for $39,500. Located in Miami, reportedly always been in the same family. Missing a lot of photos though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292929707272?ul_noapp=true

Bill
At first look, a nice looking car in an unusual color. And, it's already over here. Transatlantic transport doesn't happen for free when it's all added up.
Condition is everything, so that's another reason to like that it's over here (you could go and inspect it). Still, a lot of aspirational pricing on these, these days.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,614
That's one of the worst picture sets I've ever seen for a pricey car. Even wrecks on C/L have more and better pics. Clearly pumping the market.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Walk away from any car that has bodyschutz all inside the boot, and a body color wiring loom.. Pretty sure it comes with lurking surprises..

·
Registered
858 Posts
this is why i love internet, this car , sold new in germany, was purchased 15 years ago by a cardealer
in Benidorm (Alicante, Spain) and never registrated,
Then sold to a dealer in Valencia who registrated the car.
We did a lot of repairs on the car last year but it's still a pig with lipstick.
So, family car since new ?

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,620
Your, "Pig in lipstick" = Roland's "Shiny ****." Good to know. Thanks for the insights John. See you in April!!

1601 - 1620 of 1799 Posts