Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1561 - 1580 of 1803 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
If this is the same car, then it does not appear to be a driveway "a little of this and a little of that" kind of restoration. If you have the skills to undertake the apparent (and duly warned) potential bodywork issues, then this could be an enjoyable project and you couild end up with a very nice Super. If not, it's probably prudent to plan for a lot of bodyshop work. At $100 per hour those costs can mount up rather quickly.

·
Premium Member
21,197 Posts
As I recall, it was prettied in Europe and sent over; started blossoming immediately. I think there will be a tremendous amount of rust repair needed once you get the paint off. The fact that it made only $2700 on BaT, and sold, I think says something.

Andrew

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,565
Same fellow on a FB sale site selling several rusted hulks that sat. Thinks he has a gold mine rotting away. We had a long convo about prices. That said, some guys chimed in the a 2L GTV was worth $80k+. BAT just doesn't bear that out. OK.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
The rusted 67 Giulia Super in Miami is now listed as buy it now for $3195. I am not sure the remaining parts are worth that much. Sad.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
SOLD, was a good deal below $3k, even if just to park in your garage as is and dream about that one day...

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
A white 1967 Giulia Super was just listed by Gateway Classic Cars. It caught my eye because it is in their Chicago-area showroom which is fairly close to me. There is only one photo posted so far (looks good), and not much in the way of details including no VIN given. Asking $33,995.
Bill

https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/CHI/1530/1967-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Super

·
Premium Member
21,197 Posts
The VIN of the Gateway car is 349513; shows in the engine compt pic. It has a modified Spica airbox on it, and may in fact have Spica from the looks of the intake manifold, though the listing says 1570 with carbs. Dunno.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Yeah that is bizarre. Car is not in the registry, and I am curious what the story is. I would assume a place like Gatweay obtained it from someone's estate, as otherwise one would think it would have been offered by the owner through the BB, local Alfa club, or even BaT where there would be more prospective buyers. Looks like a decent driver, although I would be surprised if they get their asking price.
Bill

·
Registered
557 Posts
I’ve talked to the guy selling the mystery car for a friend. He knows his Alfas and is a good dude. I have pics, but it’s not my place to post them. I will say that it’s a decent body, no interior, missing some exterior trim and I believe has an engine. Likely worth saving or using as a parts car if you need some serious panels! Hope that helps with some of the mystery.

1561 - 1580 of 1803 Posts