Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1521 - 1540 of 1800 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
I'm in that crowd. I'm wondering if this one is straight and what parts are missing. What is involved with the brake servo and I'm guessing it is standing pedals and what it takes to put a two liter in it?

·
Premium Member
21,144 Posts
I emailed the seller. Late 1966 car, 32xxxx VIN, been in the Bay Area since new. He's had it decades, hasn't gotten to it, doesn't know the condition of anything. If I was in the market for a Super I'd be interested, but complete projects, as I said, not really my thing now. The engine looks like a 2000, with the spin-on filter.

Brake booster you can buy new, or Classic Alfa has rebuild kits for approx $120. They aren't hard to do.

I didn't previously know of the car.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
I got a response and sent some questions. We'll see. It looks like a good project, at least worth further investigation. My biggest worry is aside from being straight is the missing parts that will be really hard to find.

·
Premium Member
21,144 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Yeah that Super being offered by Modern Classics looks beautiful but he originally had it listed for $55K. He apparently imports many of the cars he sells so I want him to be successful, but prices seem high to me.

·
Premium Member
21,144 Posts
Agree re prices, but he is a retailer, so will always be higher. He just sold a grey Giulietta on BaT, it met its reserve at what seemed to me a reasonable price.
$50K is pretty above market for a Super now, and $40K for a Giulietta sedan is more than double what most folks would pay.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
His ad said he'd be happy to answer questions but mine must have been put him off for some reason or he's already sold it.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
He just didn't like you, Mike. I mean, really now, anybody who'd think up something like a "Red Neck Dyno" has got to be something of a cultural throwback.

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
I get that a lot:)
I got the Berlina with the fresh hot rod motor and gearbox running today so I probably don't need a Super anyway. I did have a problem with the old set up I've never had before, everything was so dry under the hood all the bare metal started getting surface rust so I zinc plated everything from the cam cover bolts to the AC stud bushings, injectors, lines, brackets, heater fitting, and a bunch of other little stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am on the mailing list for Modern Classic Autos outside of Boise, and just received notice that they are about to list a 1973 Giulia Super 1.3 in beige cava for $35,000. It's still listed as "coming soon" on their website, but it has 68,000 km, looks pretty good in the few photos included, and serviced at Santo's. They also still have the 1970 Giulia Super for sale for $55,000. Prices seem high to me although it is hard to say without an in-person inspection, and I do appreciate that they are importing these to the US.
Bill
The 73 1.3 was on autoscout24 for $13k euro about four to five months ago...

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,531
I posted this 11 months ago and I don't see much has changed.
--------------------
Every so often I peruse the NW Euro sites for Giulia sales and market comparisons. Looked at just one site, AutoScout24 in NL. Note that there are several other sites but this is usually one of the more prolific. And this is only NL.

Findings:

Price range: Euro 8750 ($10,500) - 47,500 ($57,000), $ Exch at ~1.2
Average price: Euro 20,000 ($24000)
39 total
28 - 1300's - 70%, below the average price
7 - 1600's - most (5) above average
2 - 2L's - both above average
2 - 2L's race/rally prepped - both above average, one top
8 - Nuovas - most (5) below average
2 - Ser. 1's 1600 [65-67](Euro 22k & 30k, $26k & $36k)

Prices have trended up considerably and there are fewer Ser. 1 cars. The average sweet spot used to be around Euro 13,000, now 20,000.

Also noted 1 SS, 4 Sprint Coupes and 5 Giulia spiders.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
The 73 1.3 was on autoscout24 for $13k euro about four to five months ago.. .

Reminds me of the tulip bulbs craze. A couple of centuries ago the crafty Dutch convinced naive Americans that the world was running out of tulip bulbs. They sold us shiploads of tulip bulbs at vastly inflated prices until somebody finally realized that they could grow them as fast or faster than American's could buy them.

The last time I looked, the European sites had dozens of very nice looking Ti's and Supers available all across Europe. We should remember that there were over 500k produced overall so the market, while not flooded with cars, is still being kept fairly reasonable due to supply and demand. Still, If someone wants to pay me $55k US for my Super we should talk. :001_smile:

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
I know there is one out there with my name on it, somewhere over the rainbow.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I posted this 11 months ago and I don't see much has changed.
--------------------
Every so often I peruse the NW Euro sites for Giulia sales and market comparisons. Looked at just one site, AutoScout24 in NL. Note that there are several other sites but this is usually one of the more prolific. And this is only NL.

Findings:

Price range: Euro 8750 ($10,500) - 47,500 ($57,000), $ Exch at ~1.2
Average price: Euro 20,000 ($24000)
39 total
28 - 1300's - 70%, below the average price
7 - 1600's - most (5) above average
2 - 2L's - both above average
2 - 2L's race/rally prepped - both above average, one top
8 - Nuovas - most (5) below average
2 - Ser. 1's 1600 [65-67](Euro 22k & 30k, $26k & $36k)

Prices have trended up considerably and there are fewer Ser. 1 cars. The average sweet spot used to be around Euro 13,000, now 20,000.

Also noted 1 SS, 4 Sprint Coupes and 5 Giulia spiders.
Wow, thanks for the assessment. My morning routine has been to roll through mobile.it, autoscout.it, and subito.it. See my thread https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/sedan-1962-1977/664050-wanted-giulia-buy-here-milano-when-i-return-usa-next-year-3.html

Through some local contacts here in Milan, I have come across a 1970 TI that someone has attempted to turn into a Ti Super. Body seems good, interior OK, but has a worked 2 liter swap (dellortos, forged pistons). I'm interested if the price is right. Its totally not-original (super gauges in TI dashboard, early super grille). Odd, rare light blue color - Aqua di Fonte. From what I could access, the body looked reasonably sound (actually surprisingly sound).

Could be good foundation for "fast road car". Not worth restoring - but might be good to have fun with. Going to drive it next week, couldn't drive it since it was blocked in the back of garage. Owner just texted me that its outside, ready to drive. Going to try and get compression/leakdown test... if motor is strong, it might be good deal. :grin2:

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much about a TI that's not all that original. Except for the very early cars, there was tons of TIs and Supers produced---so many (500k plus) that I don't think they'll ever be considered as rare as the GTVs and Spiders. Lots of TIs have been made to look like Supers w/ headlights, hood spears, instruments, etc. If tastefully carried out, I don't think that's bad thing at all. I'm a firm believer in "period modifications" so slipping a fast 2 liter into a Ti or Super just makes for an overall better drive. Keep us posted.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,538
Here's the detailed tally with details on all cars. I do not follow the market in Italy because for me the shipping and reg are a hassle, and there are very few FS in Spain or France.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone recall the red and white sedan that was up on the Portland, OR craigslist a few months back? It was a bit of a project but seemed complete. I’m pinching myself for not trying to give it a new home, and I wonder if it’s still out there

Thanks, Thomas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1521 - 1540 of 1800 Posts