Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1421 - 1440 of 1800 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,159 Posts
Yep, whole shell was painted. Sometimes some primer showing on the crossmember and tunnel, but would have been all one color.
Andrew

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,425
That's a standard single carb "mushroom" air filter.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,427
No the 67 1300 TI. The other more recent one looks like a vacuum cleaner bag on a crossover duct.

·
Registered
798 Posts
The Very First Alfa I Bought Was A 1965 Giulia Ti (I was living in northern California). This Was 1972 And I Was In High School. With The Help Of My Father I Put Weber Carbs On It. It Sounded Great But Not So Fast! (I'm sure ok with my father). I Swear This Is That Car. Can Anyone Tell Whether This Is Truly A 67 (or a 65)?

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
The Very First Alfa I Bought Was A 1965 Giulia Ti (I was living in northern California). This Was 1972 And I Was In High School. With The Help Of My Father I Put Weber Carbs On It. It Sounded Great But Not So Fast! (I'm sure ok with my father). I Swear This Is That Car. Can Anyone Tell Whether This Is Truly A 67 (or a 65)?
It's definitely not a '66-67, it has the earlier dash (unless it was changed, but I don't find that likely). So I would say it may very well be a '65.

Edit: I just noticed it has the U-strips and not the L-strips on the back, so 100% not a '66-67.

·
Premium Member
21,159 Posts
If someone pursues this TI, please let me know the VIN. Often sedans in the US didn't sell for a year or two, so it might not have gotten registered til 67, and thus that would be the model year on the paperwork. Just a guess.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,159 Posts
Very interested to hear how it is. Time was I would have been all over it. Not so into big projects now.
My sense is once Alfa started selling the Super in the US they stopped selling the TI. So by mid 1966 I'd think it was all Supers. But I'm not certain, some might have been left over, etc.
Andrew

1421 - 1440 of 1800 Posts