Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1221 - 1240 of 1799 Posts

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Yes, another very optomistic seller on ebay........
Would like some close-up pics of the trunk/gas tank area and under the carpets.
Get that baby up on a lift and I'm sure you will find a bit more rust than he is describing.
Also, a motor and trans (plus a lot of other hard to find bits) would be nice to be included !

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Seller ends his description "BUYERS WELCOME THANK YOU & GOOD LUCK " which is very appropriate.
In my eyes it's good onlt as a parts car for what little that is reusable.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Wasn't that Super listed in its plated state for the longest time, on flat tires on a trailer next to (IIRC) a mess of blackberry vines? I'm thinking it was about the same price, but with the engine...

·
Registered
971 Posts
Looks like it wouldn't take much to un-pimp it, I was expecting something worse!

What is this Pioneer thing? Some kind of car tv?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
You just have to wonder about some car-dealers . . . Supers are obviously being sold to a very narrow niche market of hard-core Alfa enthusiasts and this guy thinks we'd think the white-walls are cool or maybe we'd just overlook them? Scheech. If I had seen this car advertised on a European website I'd skip over it because anybody who'd do that to a Super wouldn't be the kind of person I'd like to buy a car from. I think if I owned that car I'd have a curandero come expunge the evil spirits. But then, it might make someone a good car. Maybe.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I does look like a LPG conversion, in the front left corner is what looks like the on/off LPG valve.
There is something fishy about the add. Is it a scam ?
As for the appearance of the engine compartment, it looks very much like it haven't been in use for some time.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
About the LPG conversion....

Look closely under the rear bumper on the right side,

I drove a Berlina in Europe that had the same filler in the same place.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,237
All I can say about a $35,000 ask Nuova with whitewalls and a hack attack is - - WOW!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Super with bench seat, which I think has got to be from an early column-shift TI. I've never seen a bench seat in a Super. Still, nice looking car.

Alfa Romeo Other Giulia Super | eBay

Andrew
Like the add says "an option" anything is possible. A close look at the pics I think I see the Dunlop brakes f/r, 2 bolt A arms, and the interior does all match nicely, knobs too. hope they get close what they're asking.

·
Premium Member
21,131 Posts
Early Supers had Dunlops; that's normal. I'm not aware of any options that were ever available. Dealer add-ons like radios, yes.
Andrew

1221 - 1240 of 1799 Posts