Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1141 - 1160 of 1800 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,141 (Edited)
Send it to FJ's fluffer and it would go up $10k. A stiff price.

One only wonders with all that sanding dust, what is under the shiny new paint?

This car is all kinds of mixed up with TI grill and tailights but Super dash and other features. Is it Celeste blue?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
To give credit where it's due, the seller has presented some honest photos of the car. Nowadays, this is unusual for sellers on Ebay and other sites where 10 foot low resolution cell phone photos in bad light and/or shadows seem intentionally designed to not tell you much about the car. The one big caveat about this car and others like it: look before you leap.

If you're going to spend the money it now takes to buy a Super or just about any Alfa, especially if the car is here in the States, go look at the car before you put money down. If you don't know what you're looking at (and if that's the case, why are you buying a car long distance . . .???) hire someone reputable to check the car out for you. It's always money well spent to get on a plane and do a one-day turn around to check out a car before you buy it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That blue is probably my least favourite color.

The same guy also just listed a '73 w/ a Twin Spark conversion and only wants $37K USD for that one.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,146
And their target price, from sky high, seems to be coming down. Market correction from a glut caused by folks like these, NJ and elsewhere. It is a thin market. They can still make money but not the killing they tried to.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Impresive numbers from an impressive claim, wish the pictures were there to back up the low mileage claim.
Or is the value of the $ THAT low nowadays.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
"Make them an offer," says my friend who is loosely associated with the scooter side of the business.
They are, I guess, getting more realistic on pricing over time.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
Wow, I wonder what that makes a 1750 with new brakes, 150hp 2L fresh motor and gear box, fresh drive train and dif, fan motor, new seats, no rust, new paint, straight chasis, rebuilt starter, 90 amp alt, new bulbs, super cold aircon, in other words a totally reconditioned car that could drive to both coasts without breaking a sweat worth?

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,151 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
There's a 1750 on ebay, listed as in NJ, but in fact in Italy. No reserve. Also the same 1300 TI from NY is on ebay and various local CL sites. Plus the EuroClassix guys have a ton of cars for sale, here on the BB and elsewhere.

Andrew

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,153
Yea, the SF place has 8 Giulias listed.

Anyone figure out what the Metallic Olive Biscione is doing in Charleston port? I recall that car but could not find the link/info.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not sure which "olive green metallic biscione" your referring too but I did purchase mine from e bay in N. Carolina a couple months ago.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,155

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
you should still be looking over here in the netherlands.

For example at Balocco classics.

Classic Cars

Or at Arese.

Arese - Verkoop klassiekers
Eric has many more very nice cars.

I have a very near concours 1972 amaranto Giulia for sale. Expensive at 27500,- euro
But!
New, fresh engine 1750 cc. new gearbox. New LSD rear axle. New brakes, suspension etc. Totally beautiful. Never restored, partial respray only. And the original 1300 engine, complete, new zero km is included.... Bills etc there. And what with the euro vs dollar...
Totally good cars still cannot be viably restored AND make a profit.
So now is the time to buy, but ONLY the very best cars. And those are very rare.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,157
1141 - 1160 of 1800 Posts