Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1021 - 1040 of 1800 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Beige cava Super back on ebay in GA. Alfa Romeo Other Super | eBay

Andrew
I was fully expecting this to reappear on the 'Bay after it "sold" the first time. The seller refuses to provide more details on condition or any photos beyond what's already provided. This casts doubt on the mileage claim. It was a Gallery car before being imported to the US. I would insist upon an in-person inspection, assuming the seller gives you the time of day to arrange a visit.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Gallery Brummen in NL often has nice cars but their prices are more in alignment with Fantasy Junction. Both companies are offering you the convenience of one-stop shopping, for which you'll pay premium price (usually well over retail). This car looks to be an exceptionally nice car . . . which is being sold by a dealer. Nothing wrong with that. My dictum in these matters is to always buy the best car you can find. In doing this you'll seldom go wrong (it still happens---ask me how I know . . .:). On a 1971 car, millage really shouldn't matter; it's the overall condition that really counts. However, the usual caveat applies. If you're interested in this car, go see it for yourself or have someone familiar with the ins and outs of old Alfas go check it out for you.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
George are you going to go check it out?
David?
Right now I am in the throws of the motorcycle frenzy. I have 3 right now and a 4th one coming down the pipeline in July. I am actually considering an Alfa for myself as my son wants to take my E39 Touring. This time I am thinking something along the lines of Series 3 83-85...

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,028
Yea, all the hallmarks of a Biscione but the Biscione C-pillar badge and it has 72+ wheels with Sombreros (not the spare). Another telletale not shown in the pics is a Biscione has a 10" black strip across the front of the headliner.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
In one of the interior shots you can see the it has a 10" black strip across the front of the headliner, so it would be a Biscione with out the c -pillar badge.
Stu

·
Registered
556 Posts
So, that Gorgia Super sold and then didn't?
Did the buyer reneg on the deal?
Or
Is the car not as nice as it appears?
I'd like to see underside shots and a pic of the trunk without the carpet.

·
Registered
448 Posts
So, that Gorgia Super sold and then didn't?
Did the buyer reneg on the deal?
Or
Is the car not as nice as it appears?
I'd like to see underside shots and a pic of the trunk without the carpet.
Good luck in that endeavor. Either lazy seller or not what it seems.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,033

·
Registered
4,136 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Drool... looks like someone put some effort into that car at some point, what with the Ansa tailpipe and aux electric fan, and that sweet 1980s cassette deck. Okay, maybe Concord wasn't exactly top-end. The German chassis plate is pretty cool too... are Berlinas at the point where this is considered more than a parts car?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Noticed it has the Marelli distributor instead of the usual Bosch. Much better distributor that the Bosch unit. very much a Euro car,which at some point in its life was well maintained and fitted with the best accessories available,sadly the tin worm has had a feast on this car.

·
Premium Member
21,132 Posts
This is the second time this week I've heard that. I was working on a Giulia SS with Marelli dist, may or may not have been original, but none of us had ever seen anything but a Bosch on one. Conrad S echos your sentiments about Marelli over Bosch.

Andrew

1021 - 1040 of 1800 Posts