Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1799 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,122 Posts
Who bought the injected red TI in Austin? A friend and I ended up bidding on it, but it went higher than we were prepared to go. Still seems like a great car at a fair price. I'm really interested to hear how it is if a BB person bought it.
Andrew

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I know the fellow but have been out of town for 1 1/2 weeks and not back for another week. It is a very honest car; I looked it over closely for him before he decided to sell. He was hoping for $15k but this was at the lower range expected.

·
Premium Member
21,122 Posts
The seller talked to me about it some too before selling, and this is the price range we figured it might go for. I hadn't planned to bid on it, but a friend became interested. Without having seen it in the flesh it was a bit of a gamble, but it seemed like an interesting, honest car. Someone got a nice item I think.
Andrew

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Gulias (and to some extent Berlinas) have become in demand all over. In Europe top Guilias sell for € 12.000 + . Check this 1300 TI upgraded with a 2000/131 HP engine and rear axle with LSD FIAT ePER

Re. fuel supply, I'm sure that early Spica Alfa models produce more or less the same power as one with tween double carburetors *) - that was Alfa's aim the they went to the trouble developing the Spica FI system. But carburetor feed Alfas are just as reliable as Spicas; both systems just have to be rebuild when in need. My Spider 1750 with Webers don't smell and is tested to 3,5% CO in the exhaust gas - the limit introduced sometime in the '70s. I'm sure, though, that a Spica feed Alfa's CO level is lower. Trouble outside North America is that only few have the knowledge to set up a Spica system properly and parts have to be imported from the US.
Erik
*) But after 1976 US Alfas (and other Euro cars) lost lots of power gaining cats and other emission control systems.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Gulias (and to some extent Berlinas) have become in demand all over. In Europe top Guilias sell for € 12.000 + . Check this 1300 TI upgraded with a 2000/131 HP engine and rear axle with LSD FIAT ePER

Re. fuel supply, I'm sure that early Spica Alfa models produce more or less the same power as one with tween double carburetors *) - that was Alfa's aim the they went to the trouble developing the Spica FI system. But carburetor feed Alfas are just as reliable as Spicas; both systems just have to be rebuild when in need. My Spider 1750 with Webers don't smell and is tested to 3,5% CO in the exhaust gas - the limit introduced sometime in the '70s. I'm sure, though, that a Spica feed Alfa's CO level is lower. Trouble outside North America is that only few have the knowledge to set up a Spica system properly and parts have to be imported from the US.
Erik
*) But after 1976 US Alfas (and other Euro cars) lost lots of power gaining cats and other emission control systems.
Hi Erik,
Where did you intend the link to go to ;-)

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
New Update

Several new links since last update 4/14. At top of original post.

101/105guys really nice 1970 Giulia 1600"S" sold via e-Bay but it did not have a separate thread to link to. Sold for just under $25k if sale was consummated.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
people looking for a REALLY good Giulia can send me a PM. I have a fantastic car right now.
Verde musschio 1300 TI from 70. Awesome red leather, and as green on the bottom as on top. Huge amount of mechanical work done. Great car, great driver.
I'd post pics here, but takes so much time. Emailing is much easier.

Rik

·
Premium Member
21,122 Posts
Two blue 2000 Berlinas on ebay (6/5), one in Philly, one in New Orleans, both have traveled the ebay path before, unsold.

Andrew

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Rik, Did not see the asking price posted. Is it available? Groeten, B

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Nuts,

Absolutely availble and can arrange shipping. Not mine but a good customers car. Can translate what I posted on the Dutch forum, add extra pics for you thru mail .Give more specs etc.
Car is one of the best available in the Netherlands.
Asking price 12000 euro. Not cheap but this cars condition EASILY warrants the price.
Has real red leather etc. About 100 pics of restoration included, all bills of parts, rebuilt engine, trans, suspension etc. Car cost maybe 3 times this to get it like it is today. One owner since 98, car has been sitting for 10 years, brakes and clutch were stuck, all rebulit, fresh APK ( mandatory vehicle inspection) , original booklet etc included. Had fresh service last month, oil, coolant , fuel pump etc. Drives and handles like a new one. Needs nothing to enjoy...
Mail for more info and pics thru rikzuurbier -at- gmail.com
Regards,
Rik

·
Registered
322 Posts
21 - 40 of 1799 Posts