Alfa Romeo Forums banner

221 - 240 of 1799 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #221 (Edited)
I have posted this before but it bears repeating in light of the model & Euro v. US discussion. According to this, just a hair over half were 1300's.

PS: this tally does not include the "CKD" cars which were sent to other destinations as kits to be assembled locally (Malaysia, Indonesia? & South Africa), nor does it include line items for the Supers sent to outside body shops for conversion to Coli wagons, covering from the Series 1 Supers thru Nuovas.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Maybe it was a consignment car and the owner pulled it out.

·
Premium Member
21,122 Posts
Talked to my friend in LA, this is not the car I thought it was. Looks quite nice. This is akin to the one I bought and drove from Boston to Berkeley in 2009, though that one was acqua di fonte, but same charming spec.
Andrew

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Looks nice if no rust. Has strip speedo and 1300 but floor shift, BIN $17,500. Be interesting to see where it ends.

·
Premium Member
21,122 Posts
I don't believe any Giulias had column shift except first series 105.14 Giulia TIs. The 1300 TI I had was floor five speed like this. Same interior color, same all over except for shade of blue.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Talked to my friend in LA, this is not the car I thought it was.
I recall a dead ringer for this 1300TI on eBay within the last couple years in the LA area. The seller was the owner of a company that supplies European vehicles for film and photo shoots. My recollection (always sketchy...:) is that it bid up to the low-/mid-teens but did not meet reserve. Guessing that car was pretty well known and sounds like this is not the same one, however.

Either way, agree with Anfanuts (hello, B!) that it looks good if the rust is indeed limited to just a few surface bubbles as described. Looks like there's a few popping up in the trunk. Love that color, though, and hope it goes to a good home.

·
Registered
147 Posts
That car is a '72 model and whoever buys it will certainly get themselves a very good car as the PO (in Holland) was one of the most dedicated and knowledgeable Super/Ti people around on any continent and nothing was too much to care for her beloved Super.

·
Premium Member
21,122 Posts
It's discussed further on the Super wagon thread. Seller said in the range of $7000 would work.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
I might end up kicking myself but the "sleeper" desire is still there, the ultimate merican of of which is a 4 door Plymouth Belvidere 426 hemi. For me me it's also a 4 door Alfa. I'd like to find one semi close for restoration, if anyone anyone knows of one in south of the Mason Dixon Line please drop me a line. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
21,122 Posts
Was just at the Sears Point CSRG race with my 71 Super, and we had six Giulia sedans, the fastest of which, the Katchee Brothers, will keep very close on Jon Norman's tail, both ahead of all the V8 cars in the Trans Am group. The Tijuana Taxi from the Carrera was there too, and it's no slouch. These cars can be set up to be very competitive.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,122 Posts
As a participant I forget to take pics, and don't get out much to spectate. Here's one in the pits with, from left to right, Martin L's red GTV, Martin's Carrera TI taxi, my green Super, Ed L's white Super (former Dan W car from LA), and Jeff H's grey GTV, a real sleeper with its low key appearance. I've asked for pics from friends who attended, will see what I get.
Not sedan related, but had 5 or 6 GTAs, a bunch of GTVs, some Giuliettas. Great time.
Andrew

Attachments

221 - 240 of 1799 Posts