Alfa Romeo Forums banner
2101 - 2120 of 2224 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Yes, I looked at it for Simon (above). Disaster in every area. You'd never stop spending money on it. At half his price, maybbbbbbbbe, but even then, it's a candidate to strip down to nothing and start over.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
And not one bit of it works well. 2000 engine, I saw the build sheet from the 90s, if it has 10 more HP that stock it would be doing well. But it runs for heck, hardly gets out of its own way. Looks nice enough in the pics but rockers are gone, paint bubbling various places, cobbled in every department. Larry Jr of APE looked at it 10 years ago and it hasn't really changed except to degrade further. It hasn't been in use at all.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Yes. He didn't even mention it, and it was covered, when I was there. Also had a GTV6 and perhaps a 164?
I'm not sure it's patience. Or a related species known as cluelessness? He's an older tech guy, says he made a killing about year 2000 so I very much doubt he needs the money.
andrew

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
The white Nuova in PA sold on its second time 'round on ebay, buyer accepted an offer below the 18,000 asking price, but the completed listing doesn't say what the offer was.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
1973 Guilia Super 1.3 | 1750 Engine with Weber DCOE 40 Tipo 32
341 Posts
1300 Super in Greece just popped up on BaT. No Reserve: 1971 Alfa Romeo Giulia 1300 Super
Andrew
I just saw that too! I looked at a couple of almost identical '71 models in Milan. Both of those had floor pedals - so sometime in '71 was the switch to hanging? I really like the pre-unificata Super 1300... There is something very cool about the 2 headlight, no center console simplicity.

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
A lot of the photos are glam shots, looking like a 70s post-industrial movie set. Nice pics but not helpful to judge the car.
Still, looks nice enough if the location works for you.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Alex V (well known on BaT, do we know him here?) is helping to coordinate shipping, and the seller is giving a $2000 credit towards the cost, so that helps interested US buyers a lot.

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
If those measures are the same as in the US, I'm told 3-5 is typical for original paint. It is hard to get back to such numbers except by factory paint, even if you strip to metal and start over. Over 5, and surely up in 11-13 is at least one extra paint job, perhaps several.
My 79 Spider on BaT last year was all original paint except the nose between the headlights. Was 3 to 4.5 everywhere, 5-6 in the repainted area. I'm not an expert by any means but this is what I was told to expect, and what I found.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
If Andrew's numbers are in mils (0.001") and the listing's are in mm, then the numbers on the map range from 4 to 10, with the rockers around 6.

Edit -- One interesting little detail difference between this car and my '71 are the vent wing closures. I've never seen (or at least noticed) this style before.

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
My Super has four paint jobs that I know of, replaced RR door, some bondo, some welded repair, and a big slash o' brazing across the LF fender.
I don't know what units the paint gauge is. I borrowed from our BMW shop. Whatever is normal in the US. Is it standard worldwide?
Andrew

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Some years ago, not that long actually, when Freiburger was involved, Hotrod magazine did a "$99 paint job" article in which they applied Rustoleum with a roller and then sanded sanded sanded. Was for folks with more time and arm muscles than money. They later claimed to regret having printed it.
I painted half my Ceylon Metallic 2002tii with spray cans, spent almost $10.
Andrew

2101 - 2120 of 2224 Posts