Alfa Romeo Forums banner
2061 - 2080 of 2083 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,064 ·
Back in August I perused a very popular Euro sale site, AS24, for "supers". Compared to earlier reviews cited here I found very few in what was once the mother lode.

Found only 3 1600's and they were 2 Nuova's, and a 67 TI - the only early one for Euro 44k. Two 2L's including a prepped 2L rally car. The rest - 15 - were 1300's and 1300 Nuovas. 18 total. Slim pickins. It used to be in the 50 range with more 1600's.

·
Premium Member
23,947 Posts
Anamera.com is another Euro site, has some pretty good cars. I haven't looked at it lately though.
As prices go up, cars come out of the woodwork and get sold, I think. So maybe the supply is running out? On my trips to Europe I almost never see old cars on the road; the US has more for a variety of reasons.
Andrew

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,066 ·
MarktPlatz, Gallery Brummen, Mobile.DE, others. From 10 to 4 years ago I used to regularly check them and kept a S/S of what was available once or twice, and there'd be up to 50 or more on 2-3 sites, mostly in NL, some in BE and DE, and few otherwise in ES and FR. My last is detailed on the attached showed 19. Have not looked much in Italy as the shipping can be a problem (need conections). The point is I'm finding fewer and fewer and far fewer nice early cars or 1600's and prices way up - the one 67 1600 TI was an ask of Euro 44k approaching $50k depending on exchange.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,947 Posts
Berlina in LA on CL.
My notes show converted to Webers, originally had rubber bumpers, now stainless.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Nice looking car. If it goes for asking, will that be a record sale for a Berlina? I know @pinshaw 's car sold for nearly that recently, but it has a twin-spark.

·
Premium Member
23,947 Posts
No, I know of a number a good bit higher.
I think this car was on CL before, I remember the bumper conversion. I have it as an OC car, now apparently in Pasadena, dunno if same seller.
Andrew

·
Registered
46 Posts
I thought, perhaps I'm wrong, that 74 and later Berlina's had the big bumpers? I agree it seems very high, tires look to be somewhat lower profile, at least to me. I recall this from some time back also as I remember the bumper conversion.

·
Premium Member
23,947 Posts
Note, I say it was converted from rubber to stainless.
Yes, it's really high. THe later cars were for headlight and bumper reg reasons, but this one seems beyond even that.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
23,947 Posts
Nuova in Jacksonville FL. No info, doesn't say if 1300 or 1600.
Andrew

And an apparent 1300 TI, same place.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Project 67 Super on ebay in Indiana.
Andrew
Dents and rust, what's not to love? No pics of the floors, doors handles, lights, etc., even with the extra pics. I think you would definitely need to see this one is person tp see what you're getting.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Velour is correct in many European market cars, but I'm not aware of US market 67 Supers having velour originally. I thought they were all delivered with skai (vinyl), but I could certainly be wrong.

2061 - 2080 of 2083 Posts