Alfa Romeo Forums banner
2041 - 2060 of 2097 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Good catch Andrew.
We sold Atlas tires at my dad’s Esso/Exxon station outside of Philly in the 50s and 60s.
I remember them wrapped in paper, and him lifting them over his shoulder to slam them on the floor to break the wrapper. Made those bead close together and it could be a bear to seat them without tubes. He had a couple of methods to squeeze the tubeless ones to get them to inflate.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I’m just guessing here based off of what it was listed for at Gateway, it’s lack of traction and how BaT beats up sellers to get a low reserve but I’m guessing it’s reserve is in the 15-20k range and it could find a buyer in that range.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
If I knew I wasn't going to hurt myself or anyone else I would buy it and drive the stink out of it until it disintegrated.

·
Premium Member
24,164 Posts
See my note on BaT, lived uphill from me and used to see it every day. Been sitting 20+ years outside. Very rusty, probably was changed from another color from the look of it. You'd have to like metal work.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
24,164 Posts
I had more than one friend make pretty good cash offers for this car over the years, door in one case was literally slammed in the offerer's face. Will be interesting to see if it makes that value.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
348 Posts

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Yes I knew it looked familiar. I can't recall if it is with a new seller/dealer or not. For some reason it popped up as a new listing on one of the many ongoing searches I have set.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,164 Posts
Euro 1750 in Sonoma just popped up on SF CL. I think I know the car, will look it up.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Euro 1750 in Sonoma just popped up on SF CL. I think I know the car, will look it up.
Andrew
Wow! That is one clean unit. Original down to the Pal Nuts on the guibo.That car will have a new owner soon I expect.

2041 - 2060 of 2097 Posts