Alfa Romeo Forums banner
181 - 200 of 2097 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
66 Super at FJ and TI on CL rambling

Must be the PO likes the TI rear treatment a bit more than the rather plain Super backside, kinda confusing to the Alfisti, other than that it seems like a v nice car, maybe one of the nicest in a while to be up for sale even with the 2L.

164 seats in the TI look sooo out of place, kill the charm of the car and surprising because all the space between the seats. We are shoulder to shoulder in the TI with no space between seats, I guess the 164 seats are for a real skinny butt.
My 2

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Bay Area hotrod TI that seller posts to CL every year or two. Never seen it myself in the flesh.
Andrew

1964 Alfa Guilia TI sedan
I think he is a little optomistic on the HP.......
Just for $hits and giggles I talked to the owner tonight. Yeah... he "wasn't exactly sure of the HP", but said it was a "stage 2 build 20 years ago with about 5K mi on it now". OooooooKkkkkk. He said, "the paint is a 20 footer"...Then he talked about the rust... which is prolific "all throughout the rocker panels, engine compartment, etc". Shall I go on?

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 · (Edited)
Noobs Lookiing for Sedans

There have been a few noobs looking for "sedans" recently struck with Giulia Fever. There has been a lot of good advice given in several threads for anyone contemplating this, especially entry-level cars. It might behoove lookers to check this advice out:

LINK1 - Wanted: Giulia TI, Giulia Super, 1750 or 2000 Berlina

LINK2 - Sedan Considerations - Berlina or Giulia Super

LINK3 - Alfa Giulia/Berlina as Daily Driver?

LINK4 - Alfetta Sedan vs. Giulia/Berlina

And one more mid-range car inquiry:

LINK5 - Wanted: Giulia Super 1964-1967

It might pay to put these links in the opening post? Whaddya think?? Any other similar ones to link??

·
Premium Member
24,164 Posts
The rear end issue on the white Super at FJ is that the trunk was replaced at some point with an apparent TI trunk piece, hence the differences. I knew this from a prior sale; FJ has mentioned it, a good thing that they owned up.
Andrew

·
Registered
778 Posts
Are the tail lights a drop in? The holes would have to be drilled for the chrome strips.

·
Premium Member
24,164 Posts
Taillight holes are the same on all, but the fact of TI tailights seemed screwy. The trim and the C-pillar placement of the logos raised suspicion.
These cars have the tipo number stamped into the front rain gutter edge of the trunk opening, but can be hard to see.
Andrew

·
Registered
28 Posts
If anyone looks at the blue Peninsular TI in person I'd love to hear about it, see pics, etc.
Andrew
I know a couple of folks who looked at this car... They confirmed it was rusty in the rockers, etc. but said it had an overall good feel.

Not sure if it has since sold but, one of my contacts that had a look test drove and inspected the car and offered the seller the full asking price on the spot. The seller then told him he had somebody else coming to see the car so he wouldn't sell it... sheesh.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 · (Edited)
I heard the green 67 S1 Bicsione from Wyoming sold, to someone in or near Houston. LINK to car. No report on price. I could pry and find out the new owner but hope to see them post a welcome aboard in the pic thread someday.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 · (Edited)
"Pretty solid", "project", £5000. Just doesn't add up. Sure.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
£5000 is roughly what? $9k? Add another $1500 to ship it to the west coast. What would importation (EPA, dot, broker) costs be? About $15k all inclusive... Hmmm....

·
Registered
7 Posts
whoaa

Before everyone gets excited - that car is sold. I've been in touch with the now ex-owner as I had wanted to view it, but wasn't able to. Note the vinyl roof! Tres 70s. Here's another that's pretty cheap too - no affiliation Giulia Super For Sale (1973) on Car And Classic UK [C422942] I may go check this one out too, but I have a lead on another promising Super that's been 2 literized.

-Tom

181 - 200 of 2097 Posts