Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for several months for a set of complete Euro bumpers for my Alfetta GT.

Still haven't found a set so I'm reaching out to the AlfaBB community to see if anybody has a set or can point me in the right direction.

I'm located in Phoenix AZ.

Thanks in advance,
Robert

·
Registered
288 Posts
I found stainless bumper for both my Alfetta sedans, Series I and II on eBay italy.
Here's a link for an Alfetta GT rear.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to eBay.it and search for alfa romeo alfetta paraurti. Paraurti means bumper in Italian.
I have searched on Ebay.it and found some but the vendors will not ship to the USA.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
13,169 Posts
I have searched on Ebay.it and found some but the vendors will not ship to the USA.
Find a freight forwarder who has contacts or offices in Italy. Buy the bumpers and have them delivered to their office in Italy, they will ship to you. You can pick them up at the airport and clear them through customs yourself. It's not hard, just a bit time consuming.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Find a freight forwarder who has contacts or offices in Italy. Buy the bumpers and have them delivered to their office in Italy, they will ship to you. You can pick them up at the airport and clear them through customs yourself. It's not hard, just a bit time consuming.
Will do. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi, I have a pair front and rear and can ship worlwide. I'm located in Italy.
If interested, I can take some pics on the next week-end.
Ciao, Luca.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, I have a pair front and rear and can ship worlwide. I'm located in Italy.
If interested, I can take some pics on the next week-end.
Ciao, Luca.
Luca, yes please! Sent you a PM. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Send a PM to johni6020 in the Netherlands. He's a good source for Alfa parts of various vintages. Honest guy.

·
Registered
1979 Sprint Veloce
265 Posts
Send a PM to johni6020 in the Netherlands. He's a good source for Alfa parts of various vintages. Honest guy.
What he said! I got a set of Euro bumpers from johni6020. Took about 3 months to get shipping arranged to Philly (we were deep in the throes of the initial wave of COVID) but I finally got them. They were in very good condition, and only needed some refinishing (hours and hours of refinishing, LOL). I finished the rear bumper and am waiting on good weather to start on the front.

My thread:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What he said! I got a set of Euro bumpers from johni6020. Took about 3 months to get shipping arranged to Philly (we were deep in the throes of the initial wave of COVID) but I finally got them. They were in very good condition, and only needed some refinishing (hours and hours of refinishing, LOL). I finished the rear bumper and am waiting on good weather to start on the front.
I reached out to @johni6020 and he's on it!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
i am trying to find some but shipping big parts is horrible...I tried several sources and everywhere very high prices. have to send a bumper to Aussie but its not funny.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
but situation is more out of hand right now.....
out of work due to lockdown since 15 December and will take till at least 2nd of March.
shipping companies has too much work and big parts they do not like. costs too much storage so prices get higher..

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
When I bought my NOS Rear Bumper from a source in Austrailia the price was reasonable, the shipping nearly doubled it. Then, on top of that, I got an import customs bill a couple months later.
Still worth it. It looks so much better than those 5mph heavy weight bumpers my car originally came with.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts