Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am searching for a set (4) of the teardrop shaped jack hole plug/covers that fit into the lower rocker on the Alfa SZ. A BB member in the UK has indicated he has a supplier who can produce them in minimum order quantities of 40 pieces (10 sets). In addition to me, another member in Italy needs a full set. These also fit the OSCA 1600 GT Zagato.

That means 8 sold and 32 left to go. Anyone need these such that we could pool our buying power? The cost is 160GBP (about $250 USD) per set, plus shipping to your location. Any Alfa parts retailers want to buy these for resale?

Feel free to contact me through this BB or my website: O.S.C.A. 1600 GT - history, registry, restoration, technical information

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Which SZ are we talking about?

I am searching for a set (4) of the teardrop shaped jack hole plug/covers that fit into the lower rocker on the Alfa SZ. A BB member in the UK has indicated he has a supplier who can produce them in minimum order quantities of 40 pieces (10 sets). In addition to me, another member in Italy needs a full set. These also fit the OSCA 1600 GT Zagato.

That means 8 sold and 32 left to go. Anyone need these such that we could pool our buying power? The cost is 160GBP (about $250 USD) per set, plus shipping to your location. Any Alfa parts retailers want to buy these for resale?

Feel free to contact me through this BB or my website: O.S.C.A. 1600 GT - history, registry, restoration, technical information
Hello Osca GTZ,

I presume that we are talking about the Giulietta Sprint Zagato.
Do you have a photograph of the shaped jack hole plug/covers?
Why are they so expensive?

Ciao, Olaf

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Olaf - I posted pictures of the Zagato jack hole covers on previous post on this bulletin board in 2009 (search for "Zagato jack hole covers").

They are expensive because they will have to be manufactured in a small production lot. If you have another source, please advise!

Best regards,
steve

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Now I get it!

Olaf - I posted pictures of the Zagato jack hole covers on previous post on this bulletin board in 2009 (search for "Zagato jack hole covers").

They are expensive because they will have to be manufactured in a small production lot. If you have another source, please advise!

Best regards,
steve
Hello Steve,

Now I get it. These covers are not made out of rubber but out of metal. That changes my perspective. Did you try the Dutch and German suppliers like Prins Bredevoort, Jan Steutel, Hanel, Hein Brand and OKP? They turn up with interesting parts. I have a list of suppliers on the mainland of Europe if you want it. This is the link to the pictures to anyone who wants to have a look at the covers.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...nted/155978-wtb-alfa-sz-jack-hole-covers.html

Ciao, Olaf

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes - I contacted OKP but they didn't have them.

I will take all the supplier contacts you can forward.

Best,
steve

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Spare part list

Yes - I contacted OKP but they didn't have them.

I will take all the supplier contacts you can forward.

Best,
steve
Hello Steve,

This is a list we use to help our Junior Zagato owners. It might help you to find the part you are looking for.
Of course this list can't be complete, so additions are welcome.

Ciao, Olaf

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Zagato jack hole covers

101/105 Guy - not sure what covers are in your email, but the Zagato jack covers are "tear drop" shaped.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
The covers shown in post #8 are for a Sprint and Sprint Veloce.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Sorry, I thought that they were the same as a Sprint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts