Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've run this 'ad' before in the correct parts wanted section but thought I'd run it by the entire group. I'm not sure if pre-85's came with leather, but I want the back seat to match the 85's front seats.

I had an offer of one with a great lower section, the the back, not so good (I've not ruled it out though, Wes). The problem is matching the finish of the leather for the back to the lower section.

I might be mistaken but it appeared in photo's I've seen as if the GTV6 seats are more molded than the flatter Alfetta GT one's.

I'm just hoping someone who turned their GTV6 into a race car early in its life then carefuly stored the back away since it interfered with the rollbar. Or..?

Biba

·
Registered
86 GTV6, 73 Berlina, 71 Spider
10 Posts
GTV 6 rear seat

Iv'e got an 86 GTV6 with black leather rear seat, almost unused. It's been parked for 5-6 years, will become a parts car, I think. If I were to restore it I was going to remove the rear seat anyway to create a cargo area. I will take a picture this weekend and post.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ispace, I sent off my GTV6 front seats along with the my Alfetta GT back seats to be upholstered several days ago. I'll call tomorrow and if they've not begun on the rear one's yet, I'll tell them to hold off for now. If the leather has hardened to the point of not being able to bring it back, I'll have to pass on it. Also, it they've started, unfortunately I'll have to pass. I'll let you know.

But please let me know right away about the condition. Please clean off the dust first before photographing them (please take several photos) along with what you want for them.

Please email the photos to me directly: [email protected]

Biba

·
Registered
10 Posts
GTV 6 rear seat

I did not make it to photograph the seats this last weekend, will make it tomorrow, the car is at my Mom's house in Orange. I will clean off the dust etc. I don't want anything for them if they are useful to someone, just come and get them. Hopefully will post pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ispace, please send the photos to me. I just called my upholsterer and he's not started on the rears yet. At the very least I'd like to get them so we can match the pattern - unless they are in really great shape in which case I'll install them. I'll be happy to pay you for them. Just let me know.

I've not been to Laguna for a long time. You're lucky to be living there. Unless you want me to meet you in Orange.

Biba

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pretty good but not pristine

Photos attached. Dampness on seats from me washing off the dust and dirt. The leather is in pretty good shape, no damage or wear as nobody ever sat on them, just 25 years old. The weak link is the stitching which rots away. The front seats exist just as pieces of leather due to use and more sun. The stitching on the rear has rotted at the top where the sun shines through the rear window. Probably could be repaired for a pretty good driver but I would be concerned about the rest of the stitching on the top of the seats for a pristine restoration. If anyone can use these they are free for whomever wants to come to Orange to get them. Biba69, I hope this wasn't too much of a deadend.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ispace, thanks for the photos. Could I meet you at you mother's in Orange and pick them up? This weekend? Or? Are you parting out the GTV6 or just willing to get rid of the back seats?

Biba

1 - 9 of 9 Posts