Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
I have seen the dealer's ad for the red alfa with 7850 miles. At $20,000-21,000 or so it is priced correctly in my opinion. If you keep the mileage down and care for the car, you would get your money back in a sale (car would need to remain very low mileage though and in excellent condition). There is clearly a market for low mileage S4 Spiders in excellent condition. I do not think there is any significant investment upside past a price in the low to mid 20's, unless the car is truly concours condition. Then again, looking back a few years at Barrett Jackson showed some auction sales in the 24-27,800 range (not counting seller fees though). I have no idea what values will be if Alfa returns to the US. As far as 1994 CE models, perhaps a slight increase in price, though again I feel that very low mileage and condition of the car are the most important. I recently sold a red 1993 Spider with 11,800 original miles on it. Car was pristine and attracted lots of interest. Realize though that if you own a car like this, you might be afraid of driving it (as it's desirability would then only go down due to road damage,mileage,etc.) That is what happened to me.
I would go after the Red Spider in San Diego with 7850 miles. Cars like that are not easy to find and I think the dealer wants to unload it. (lowered price from $29,000 to $22,500) Just my opinion for consideration. Good luck

· Registered
214 Posts
Hands down, I would buy the Red Alfa in San Diego with 7850 original miles. I would not put that much premium on "CE" logo.. 7850 original miles with a pristine car is more desirable in my opinion, and more unusual.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.