Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Andrew, I am Interested. What year car is the part from. Do you know if it was functionable when parted. How much is the part? I am Bill from Idaho. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
I may have one as well. Will check when I get home tonite.

Vin

·
Premium Member
22,639 Posts
I bought it used, I don't know specifically what year. I'll see if it has any indication. Alleged to work fine but I haven't tested.
Bizarrely, I may be getting an 89 Spider, so I may hold off to keep this as a spare. I'll know in the next couple days.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
I may have one as well. Will check when I get home tonite.

Vin
I have one with 130K on it from an '86 so will work with your '89.

IIRC, I can't check this one on my '91. I don't have any notes on it that it doesnt work, unlike my spare for the '91 that says "tach is pooched" :D.

Let me know if your interested and where you are and I will get shipping quotes.

Vin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Andrew , the part has 3 wire connections and the one off my car has 4. My mechanic is apprehensive about plugging it in as it may fry the cluster or the wiring harness. The part #'s match however mine has an 02 appended at the end. Any thoughts on technical input or consideration for returning the part would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Hi Andrew , the part has 3 wire connections and the one off my car has 4
Bill,

Are you sure your not overlooking the one on top of the 3 that are side by side?

All of the clusters I have seen (just went downstairs to look at the 86 and the 91 I have) all have 4 connections.

Here is a picture of the rear of the 86 I have showing the 4 connectors.

rear connections.jpg

Good luck.

Vin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts