Alfa Romeo Forums banner

wanted:89 quad instrument cluster

993 Views 11 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Vintre
WANTED 89 quad instrument cluster
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
If you don't come up with anything else I've got one.
Andrew
Hello Andrew, I am Interested. What year car is the part from. Do you know if it was functionable when parted. How much is the part? I am Bill from Idaho. Thanks
I may have one as well. Will check when I get home tonite.

Vin
I bought it used, I don't know specifically what year. I'll see if it has any indication. Alleged to work fine but I haven't tested.
Bizarrely, I may be getting an 89 Spider, so I may hold off to keep this as a spare. I'll know in the next couple days.
Andrew
Looks like I won't be getting an 89, so I'll dig out this dash pod and take a look.
Andrew
I may have one as well. Will check when I get home tonite.

Vin
I have one with 130K on it from an '86 so will work with your '89.

IIRC, I can't check this one on my '91. I don't have any notes on it that it doesnt work, unlike my spare for the '91 that says "tach is pooched" :D.

Let me know if your interested and where you are and I will get shipping quotes.

Vin
Hi , yes thank you for following up. I live near Boise Idaho
Here's mine. Looks to be in excellent shape; no markings though as to what year. Shipping from Berkeley, CA 94707.
Andrew

Attachments

See less See more
Hi Andrew, Looks to be in good condition. What is the price? Thanks, Bill
Hi Andrew , the part has 3 wire connections and the one off my car has 4. My mechanic is apprehensive about plugging it in as it may fry the cluster or the wiring harness. The part #'s match however mine has an 02 appended at the end. Any thoughts on technical input or consideration for returning the part would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill
Hi Andrew , the part has 3 wire connections and the one off my car has 4
Bill,

Are you sure your not overlooking the one on top of the 3 that are side by side?

All of the clusters I have seen (just went downstairs to look at the 86 and the 91 I have) all have 4 connections.

Here is a picture of the rear of the 86 I have showing the 4 connectors.

Electronics Auto part

Good luck.

Vin
See less See more
1 - 12 of 12 Posts