Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hunting for a 105 2.0 rear axle, it's to be transplanted into a 101 Giulia 1600 for rally use. Needs to be the 2.0 version with the big half shafts. I'm based in the UK.

(In case of interest to anyone I have a 1750 GTV axle complete with diff, everything seems to turn okay, can't say much more than that about condition! It turns out the 1750 had the smaller shafts so not what I need...doh).

Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Malcolm I had tried Chris Sweetapple, just looked again and looks like they may have one now on their website! I'll contact him again.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If no joy, perhaps Charlie & Anne Skinner at Clover Leaf Transmissions (01946817704) in Cumbria - I think they are the ones that build them anyway. Or maybe Classic Alfa, Alfaholics, Ian Ellis, EB Spares, OKP in Germany?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again Malcolm. That looks like a really useful list. I'm still new to Alfas. Folks on the Giulietta Register have been very helpful and I've got a lot of the 750/101 sources clocked but searching for a GTV axle has taken me into the new world of 105/115s!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dimitri. After a couple of discussions today I decided to stay with the current axle on my 101 which has the 1300-1750 half shafts. I've been told they're unlikely to fail even with the extra strain of a LSD. We'll see!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think you're probably right - your car is 20% less heavy than a Giulia Ti which used the same halfshafts so it'll theoretically have 20% less mechanical stress on a like for like basis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts