Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WANTED: 1970 - 1974 Giulia Super - Condition #2 (or 2+) Only

I just posted this in the "Cars For Sale and Wanted" forum and figured I'd post here as well:

Conscientious Alfa custodian looking for a 1970 - 1974 Giulia Super.

1. Have cash. Not expecting "something for nothing".
2. Only condition 2 (or 2+) cars will be considered.
3. Car located in the USA please.
4. Hanging pedal '70-'74 Giulia Supers only. (Or possibly a VERY nice retrofitted/backdated Nuovo "abitsa")
5. All engine types considered (1300, 1600, 1750, 2000).
6. Original condition or tasteful road mods ok. No track cars please.
7. Color doesn't matter. Prefer original color car.
8. Independent pre-purchase Inspection required.

Might take a year (or two) but that's fine . I will bump this post to the top regularly, so I apologize in advance for how tired you will be of seeing it .

$500 finder's fee paid if you direct me to the car I purchase (and you are not the owner). In addition, I will make a donation to the AlfaBB if the car is purchased through a lead derived on the AlfaBB.

All info provided to me will be kept confidential (ie: not discussed publicly on the AlfaBB).

PM's preferred. Email/Phone upon request.

Is that the sound of crickets chirping I hear...
Or just the calm before the storm .

Grazie mille di cuore!

·
Registered
692 Posts
So did you get to drive one?? or just ready to make the leap?? I think you will find it a welcome relief from the gtv, some nice ones out there but may take a while ... I looked for three years and ended up settling for a ti ... just had to have that great body shape for my 105 collection .... good luck

·
Registered
700 Posts
You might also consider a Nuovo.

Although some don't care for the grille design, you get the most highly developed 105 mechanicals, a more refined interior (IMHO), and somewhat cleaner lines for less money.

Lot's of personal taste involved in the comparisons, but for me it was a good choice.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Jerry - Just ready to make the leap! Thank you.

Dean - I've seen some nice Nuovo "abitsas" that have been retrofitted to look like older Supers. I will indeed consider a Nuovo (especially if it is like the aforementioned). I also like the Nuovo's interior. I have now edited my original post to reflect these sentiments. But I digress, ideally, a '70-'74 Super.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,040 Posts
Good luck Mark. I did not have the patience to go this route and also wanted to use one on a Euro trip so I looked afar. Also, my early research showed a real dearth here with all that brings (low selection and high price). Perhaps you can coax one out!! I've shared enough off-line so will add no more here. Bruce

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bruce - Thank you for sharing a wealth of info, wisdom, and passion for Supers with me! Looking forward to continuing our correspondence.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Super on BAT looks sweet, everything but hanging pedals and maybe the right price. curious what you think. too many mods?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tpass - Yep, I got the BAT notice this morning and promptly sent an email. This car is only 4 hours south of me. I may have to learn to appreciate standing pedals (or convert them).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts