Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last yearI bought a 1958 Giulietta spider veloce,it came with a lot of parts, alas, it did not come with the correct veloce engine or transmission. So I started working on it and I need to buy an engine for it. The Chassis # AR 14903441
Ps, This particular red veloce was once in the hands of Dave Brohan! Now it's mine.

Any help will much appreciated.
Thanks
Raymond

·
Registered
723 Posts
Raymond,
THE original motor for this particular Veloce Spider (1495.F.03441) would be 1315.30913. I did have this car years ago but it was missing the original motor.
So something close to this number would be a nice motor to start with. The car was from South Carolina before I had it in Chicago.
DaveB

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave,
did you try locating the engine by chance? How can I go about finding this needle in haystacks?
I would like to find it very much.
Thanks
Raymond

·
Registered
723 Posts
It's one of those things that you hope will turn up, but it's a long-shot (3000 to 1) For the time being it's best to find another 750 veloce block at the very least, this would be acceptable even to the most fervent enthusiasts.
But you never know it may be out there somewhere. DaveB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Raymond,
I have a 1958 Spider Veloce engine for sale. I also have the original transmission, gearshift and headers that belong to it. If you are still searching, please let me know.
Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts