Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've been looking for a UK supplied, RHD, Alfa Romeo 105 Coupe for some time now. I will consider anything from GT Sprint to GTV, and anything in-between, and would love to source a Scalino. Would prefer Silver, Orca Yellow or Navy, but flexible on colour. Have a budget of up to £30k but would consider something that needs some work for less. Also happy to import if the car is now out of the country. Have the cash and can move quickly for the right vehicle. Do get in touch if you, or someone you know, might be looking to sell. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Even though quite a few Alfa Romeo cars were delivered to the UK, UK had an export drive to raise revenue by selling scrap steel. Most 60's /70's cars were consumed by the scrap metal merchants that on sold scrap steel back to Italy that needed scrap metal to feed it's Electric Arch Furnaces (EAF). Of the RHD UK cars that came to Australia in the 60's and those in the 70's had to dodge the scrap steel demand as a result of the oil crisis in the 70's and later development of surrounding countries need of scrap steel in the 80's. There are benefits of importing a UK delivered car back to the UK, all of it's taxes have already been paid.
Steve

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Flipbook (shannons.com.au)

Both the 105's in this catalogue were passed in. i'm pretty sure i know the owners. they were both good cars, especially the green one and not subject to the rust that UK cars are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts