Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,134 Posts
So what is it? About the only word I can translate from the ebay ad is "replika", so I assume it is an aftermarket body, and not from an original Duetto. Do you mount it on the frame from an air-cooled Volkswagen, kind of like this replika Alfa:

·
Registered
521 Posts
I use Google Chrome as a browser and it offered to translate for me. Worked pretty well. Here's some of it:

In the sales order:

For auction is a fiberglass body kit

Components: main part with front, front fender, skirts,

Rear fender and rear

Rear cover

Doors

Very high quality and stable parts parts, doors and hoods can be installed in original carriages

Can be used on tube frame, beetles, etc. Pontiak Fiero-based up

Many other Alfa Romeo sh. and new parts available, including Spider with top rod

----------- Without a chassis, axles and engine ----------

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Translation

I must say that the translation is quite good. They state that this kit can be used on a Spider chassis .

Mit freundlichen Grussen aus Island

Ellert

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
I must say that the translation is quite good. They state that this kit can be used on a Spider chassis ...
What is a spider chassis? The body is the chassis. Running gear bolts directly to the unibody.I guess it's a good sign that the round tails are getting valuable....

Robert

·
Registered
429 Posts
I would say that looks like 5 times more money and work that restoring a boat tail, but it's only 3.995 euros...so roughly 4 Euros...so that's...maybe 6 US Dollars? Might be worth a shot at that price:D

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
If a person can't do the welding themselves, it becomes very expensive. If I had more time, I would really enjoy welding up and restoring a spider, but it is not cheap to restore if you have to hire it out. It is far, far less to simply wait for someone to sell their carefully kept and loved CA or dry weather climate car. I found a spider for $cheap, loved by one family, a sister and brother, and now it stays with me. I am not going to reveal how much I have in my unpainted spider, but it is more than I have now in the spider I purchased whole! When you make a mistake, you have to be honest with yourself, attend to your financial wounds if you can, and move on, wiser.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Having to fabricate (or?) the windscreen surround alone would be a nightmare. Not to mention fiberglass isn't going to support it at all well.

Fiberglass trunk lid and hood, possibly the doors, would be fine providing they have steel inserts for hinges, latches, etc.

Biba

·
Super Moderator
11,134 Posts
For auction is a fiberglass body kit

Can be used on tube frame, beetles, etc. Pontiak Fiero
Holy Smoke! I was kidding when I suggested an air-cooled VW chassis. I can't imagine that a VW fan assembly would fit under the Duetto deck lid.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,040 Posts
It's an Alfiatsler! At last!!! ;)

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Holy Smoke! I was kidding when I suggested an air-cooled VW chassis. I can't imagine that a VW fan assembly would fit under the Duetto deck lid.
Type 4 engine doesn't have the upright fan shroud, a la Porsche. It would probably fit. But why.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,040 Posts
Boy toy dune buggy? Cheapo street racer?? Spiders aren't all that expensive, just ask Peter . . . Go figure. Takes all kinds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts