Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am next in line for the next 4C available from the local Alfa dealer. I really did not want the launch edition. There is a build order for a fully loaded white 4C and it will be mine as soon as it built and delivered here in Texas.

Jim P

In the mean time I could watch this video over and over.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So you're able to order the Standard Edition? Can you spec what options you want, or you had to pick from one they've already got ordered?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to choose what was on order already. It was loaded with every launch edition option except the ducts in the front fenders.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is extremely interesting Jim. Your dealer appears to be far ahead of ours here in the Washington DC area. Please tell us as much as you can. Dealers here are saying they won't see any non-Launch Editions until all the Launch Editions are sold out everywhere, and we are not close to that they say. Appreciate your sharing. I've provided a deposit to hold my #1 spot for a Spider, but there's little info on when those might arrive, perhaps this summer, but one dealer said more like November.

·
Registered
831 Posts
This is extremely interesting Jim. Your dealer appears to be far ahead of ours here in the Washington DC area. Please tell us as much as you can. Dealers here are saying they won't see any non-Launch Editions until all the Launch Editions are sold out everywhere, and we are not close to that they say. Appreciate your sharing. I've provided a deposit to hold my #1 spot for a Spider, but there's little info on when those might arrive, perhaps this summer, but one dealer said more like November.
My dealer and most dealers have ordered a SE car already. It is not a customer ordered car. And your dealer is probably correct about the time line. Don't expect to see an SE car until November as a 2016 model. I doubt the spider will be here in Summer as promised.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My dealer and most dealers have ordered a SE car already. It is not a customer ordered car. And your dealer is probably correct about the time line. Don't expect to see an SE car until November as a 2016 model. I doubt the spider will be here in Summer as promised.
I agree, and this is the info I got from my dealer as well, sat with them and looked at the order screen, SE car is "ordered" but there is no actual build or assigned VIN.

Did just get the "coming this summer" email on the spider as well, hopefully, but we'll see........

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was told my white LE will be arriving end of month. No vin yet. Can you share your story and confirm white is on its way to the usa. Anyone have white, yet.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I've just read that the SE will be aviable this autum in Denmark (and probably other European markets).

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
So your DC area dealer is saying if one dealer holds out for an outrageous sum for their LE no one will get an SE? That can't can't be what they meant.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've just read that the SE will be aviable this autum in Denmark (and probably other European markets).
You mean the spider?
We need to get our nomenclature straight!
The "SE" that many of us are referring to is the "standard edition" (i.e. non-launch 4C coupe).
That, of course, has been available in European markets for most of 2014.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Alfa Tango, I don't think he meant it as an absolute the way you took it, which would be unreasonable of course. I was just reporting what he told me. There seems to be a growing consensus in recent days, based on comments from dealers reported on the two main 4C forums I'm aware of, that the SEs will arrive in a few months (?) and the Spiders in Nov/Dec this year. How many SEs is a question obviously, since there is some reporting that there will only be one per dealer this year, and almost certainly only one Spider per dealer, if that, this year given the late arrival. How quickly additional SEs and Spiders come in 2016 is unknown as far as I can tell, but it seems pretty obvious that at the current rate of production there will be far fewer than the 1,000 4Cs a year for North America that had been predicted.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I purchased three new Alfas over the years and could never order what I wanted from the factory. I have purchased other new cars and never order placed a factory order on any of them. I want to buy a 4C and will probably buy one off the showroom floor. I have seen two 4C Launch Editions in Southern California and they look great. I did not ask the owners how much they paid, but that is not important.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts