Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't you just hate waiting for parts?

You have a problem.
You steel yourself for the tough chore ahead.
You observe, work on, trouble shoot and finally figure out what's wrong.
You do your homework, find the parts online or in a catalog at the right price.
You talk with the wife.
You negotiate terms.
You buy the items.
You wait...

wait...

wait...

wait...

:(

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Santo’s of Santo’s Italian Car service took my old starter and alternator and had a trusted service rebuild them both. So, I got my original parts back in perfect condition for a little over $200. Plus, I got to see some AMAZING Alfa’s in his shop. Thanks Santos. :)

America’s Tire Store Co. sold me 5 ‘special order’ Pirelli P6 185/65 R14 86H tires @ $70 each, totaling: $499.36 with mounting, balancing, environmental disposal fees etc.. :)

The local Sears store had a nice ‘Gold’ Diehard battery in stock for about a hundred bucks. :)

I made my mail orders the old fashioned way, with a cashiers check in US Postal service snail-mail. Shoulda', woulda', coulda' done it with a credit card.

IAP handled it with no problem. :)

But, I sent Centerline for a loop by sending the order to their PO Box and was delayed a bit. :confused: They do not check the PO more than twice a week. If you must send them something in the mail, use their shipping address. The web site did not explain this. They said I was the only mail order they have had this year, and only had 6 last year (I am so old). They also said they will probably stop taking checks on COD orders.

So, note to self: "use your credit card".

International Auto Parts got my order to me in about 3 business days and 100% correct. They even lowered the price of one of the items and will send a check for the difference or give store credit. Good sales staff. :)

Centerline has sent my order, and if it arrives tomorrow, that will have made it 3 business days as well. Good sales staff. :)

I could have used some of this advice a week ago. Just thought some of you would like to know my experiences.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Your part may be in the mail.

But, I sent Centerline for a loop by sending the order to their PO Box and was delayed a bit. :confused: They do not check the PO more than twice a week. If you must send them something in the mail, use their shipping address. The web site did not explain this. They said I was the only mail order they have had this year, and only had 6 last year (I am so old). They also said they will probably stop taking checks on COD orders.

Centerline has sent my order, and if it arrives tomorrow, that will have made it 3 business days as well. Good sales staff. :)

I could have used some of this advice a week ago. Just thought some of you would like to know my experiences.

Don't know what is up with Centerline these days. When I ordered online in Mid August with a visa number, apparently I must have hit the back button by mistake during the process, because the order never went through, even though I got an email confirming it. Then in Mid Sept, when nothing had arrived, I called them and amended the order, again giving them visa over the phone. Well, its several weeks later and no word back and no part.

I've dealt with them in the past without a hitch until recently. I like the folks there and I like the way their catalog shows more listings for Berlina. . . but sometime I need the part without playing phone tag for weeks on end.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Santo’s of Santo’s Italian Car service took my old starter and alternator and had a trusted service rebuild them both. So, I got my original parts back in perfect condition for a little over $200. Plus, I got to see some AMAZING Alfa’s in his shop. Thanks Santos. :)

America’s Tire Store Co. sold me 5 ‘special order’ Pirelli P6 185/65 R14 86H tires @ $70 each, totaling: $499.36 with mounting, balancing, environmental disposal fees etc.. :)

The local Sears store had a nice ‘Gold’ Diehard battery in stock for about a hundred bucks. :)

I made my mail orders the old fashioned way, with a cashiers check in US Postal service snail-mail. Shoulda', woulda', coulda' done it with a credit card.

So, note to self: "use your credit card".

International Auto Parts got my order to me in about 3 business days and 100% correct. They even lowered the price of one of the items and will send a check for the difference or give store credit. Good sales staff. :)

;)

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who cares?

Noobs

I was one of them a month or so ago. I could have used some of this info back then.

Plus it keeps the suppliers on their toes a bit. We don't have hundreds of Alfa dealerships we can go to. Large Corporations generally respond to public pressure for fear of bad PR. These smaller operations, as good as they are, need an occasional check. In our business we do it with small subcontractors all the time. Why would this be any different?

Sorry to ruffle the feathers with this weak thread. This is the off topic area, right? :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts