Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 Giulia Sprint GT
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm finally getting around to making a decision on tires. Obviously I'd love to fit Michelin X/XAS or Pirelli Cinturatos, but I just can't justify the cost of those tires, so I chose to go with the Vredesteins. But (shock!!!!) there are a couple of options. I'm planning to go with the original size tire for my car (155-SR-15), but I'd like input on what the differences are between the tires,

Thanks,

Antoni

·
Administrator
4,393 Posts
According to their website, only the Sprint Classic is made in 15", other than that the Classic is rated to 270kph and the Plus to 210kph

I have the 155/15 Sprint Classics on my Giulietta Spider & while the 23 yr old Michelins I took off it are visually way more appealing, the Vredestein price was acceptable and the roadholding is fantastic.

I've been so impressed that I've ordered another set of Sprint Classics for Dad's '57 Spider

http://www.vredestein.com/car-tyres/classic?Lang=en-UK

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
According to Vredestein.com 155/80-15 is only available in the Sprint Classic and the Snow+

Coker shows a B F Goodrich 155/80-15 TA radial with raised white letters, probably not the look you are going for. Also Vredestein 155sr15 black wall, $95

·
Premium Member
1965 Giulia Sprint GT
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your replies! I should have noticed the size limitation. I've heard nothing but good things about the Vreds, so I'm really looking forward to trying them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts