Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for an original AR voltmeter to install in my 82 gtv2.0 (alfetta gtv). Does someone knows from which car should I take one? Spider maybe?
I will like a very original look (green lighting) since I plan to install it just below the oil gauge of the cluster.
This car has the same dash as the gtv6 so if anyone has tried this mod please let me know.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Dunno about previous versions, but series 3 (82-89) and series 4 (90-94) spiders don't have a voltmeter, but a dummy light in the speedo or dash cluster.

That aside, Autometer offers a voltmeter that is a pretty close match for the Jaeger gauges and it comes with some rubber booty thingies that you put over the bulb to change the color. (red, green, blue)

With one of the Alfa angle bezels (if you actually need it) it blends in quite nicely.

One can be seen in my spider (PO destroyed the radio hole with a sawzall, so I got creative) in the lower right position in this attachment.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
I bought their "Z" series VM & OP gauge and mounted them vertical in an accessary black panel under the dash on the left hand side (on my GTV). They are "back-up" to the dreaded factory alternator light and OP gauge.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
And what is the knob below the vac gauge? On our '84 that is the location for the power mirror adjustment switch.
At the time it was for a manually operated VVT device (choke kit pull handle) currently it's where the whip for my ipod type device comes out.

Vac gauge has since gone away and the A/F meter has taken it's place along with replacing the side panels with the non-ducted type.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts