Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 2017 Alfa Quadrifoglio with relatively low miles, 16k.

The paint on it was great except for a few rock chips which can be normal.

I was going to get the car ceramic detailed next week but... Today I noticed that the paint on the car, after just sitting in my driveway for a bit, had some weird warping / damage lines!

It's incredibly frustrating because I just got this car and I've been taking good care of it and have been extra cautious but the paint just randomly warped!

I don't know what to do, I'm not sure if this is covered by the warranty that I have left and if it isn't I don't know how to repair it without paying a ton of money that I don't have to spend on paint right now. (Would rather be saving).

Anyone deal with this or have advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
"after just sitting in my driveway had some weird ...." They were probably there before that.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I recently got a 2017 Alfa Quadrifoglio with relatively low miles, 16k.

The paint on it was great except for a few rock chips which can be normal.

I was going to get the car ceramic detailed next week but... Today I noticed that the paint on the car, after just sitting in my driveway for a bit, had some weird warping / damage lines!

It's incredibly frustrating because I just got this car and I've been taking good care of it and have been extra cautious but the paint just randomly warped!

I don't know what to do, I'm not sure if this is covered by the warranty that I have left and if it isn't I don't know how to repair it without paying a ton of money that I don't have to spend on paint right now. (Would rather be saving).

Anyone deal with this or have advice?
I use black wax to cover up small imperfections. Those do look pretty deep though. So I guess what I’m saying is try the easy solution first then have it painted

Ken Smith

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For those wondering, this was NOT there before. I have plenty of pictures to prove that. It happened within the past 24 hours.

I'm mostly wondering if the basic warranty covers non driving related paint issues.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That is cracking, not warping. The panel was pushed In to cause that imho. As asked, was this On the Soft bumper or metal portion of the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can see the headlight, it's on a panel in front of hood. I assume this is a soft panel though I don't think anything pushed on that spot. Nothing that would cause paint damage in the other cars I've owned anyway.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Those are from some type of force. They are stress cracks from some abrupt shock to that area of the car, the paint is somewhat flexible, but pushed past a certain point it will crack like that.
It’s not from heat or any other issue, it may have been repainted, but by the way it’s holding to the body, I would say it’s original paint. Aftermarket paint would have came
Off even with a bulldog base as it’s just not like factory paint

1 - 9 of 9 Posts